TheGrimReaper

2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

1 minute ago, Chromatic said:

This doesn't even look like a sports logo. It looks like a third rate municipal government logo.

That's why they need to update it and in your words make it look less like a "third rate municipal government logo" 

An updated version with those colors and less emphasis on red would be terrific. 

In my ideal world, I would have the sens go heritage full time, have an alternate with their amazing unused profile logo, and have the peace tower logo as a shoulder patch.

As for the Avs, just replace their current jerseys with anything, promote the C-triangle logo, and recolor it to the blue they use now. Navy and the Avalanche don't go together IMO. 

la

1 minute ago, Yippy said:

That's why they need to update it and in your words make it look less like a "third rate municipal government logo" 

An updated version with those colors and less emphasis on red would be terrific. 

I don't understand what you want though, the word "Ottawa Senators" with the tower forced in?

1 minute ago, Chromatic said:

la

I don't understand what you want though, the word "Ottawa Senators" with the tower forced in?

All I'm saying is the Capitals made a workmark logo work (see image) I think it'd be nice to see another workmark logo. 

284.png

5 minutes ago, Yippy said:

JbUzehY.png

Just now, Yippy said:

All I'm saying is the Capitals made a workmark logo work (see image) I think it'd be nice to see another workmark logo. 

284.png

I suppose. I always felt that was Washington's 'thing' though, what made their look unique and actually work. If another team started doing it it would be in poor taste, like if they just wrote "Senators" diagonally down the front a la the Rangers.

Just now, Ice_Cap said:

JbUzehY.png

See, that's a beautiful color combination and not currently used in the NHL. Apply those colors to an updated workmark logo and put this on the shoulders and I think you instantly have a Top 5 look. 

3 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I suppose. I always felt that was Washington's 'thing' though, what made their look unique and actually work. If another team started doing it it would be in poor taste, like if they just wrote "Senators" diagonally down the front a la the Rangers.

dc32f877e7d9f9450695255b36f65afa.jpg

8 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Loved this uniform. I wish they'd bring it back. 

I love the idea of a Peace Tower logo and the mint green of the tower as an accent color jumping off a black/red/gold palette. Something the Sens should get back to for sure.

33 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

There are plenty of logos from the 90s I like. The Avs' logo isn't one of those. I donno. Sometimes I see a logo that's obviously dated and tied to a decade (not necessarily the 90s specifically) and I go "you know what? The dated look works for them." The Dolphins' throwback logo is an example of that. It's clearly a product of the late 60s/early 70s, but it has this kitchy Florida-ness to it that works for them.

With the Avs? I donno man, it just looks tired. I could look at something like the Panthers' original logo and go "obviously 90s, but I like it," but with the Avs? I just sort of thought "oh wow, that looks old" one day. Maybe it's the forced perspective. Maybe it's the skewed circle. Maybe it's the heavy outlining and detail work. Whatever the reason, I just don't like it @andrewharrington

We'll have to agree to disagree.  The avalanche-warning connection makes me feel a little better about the new logo but this uniform will always be my favorite.  Different strokes and such.  Anyhow, I'll give it a rest now :P .

AnGcLa4.jpg

Always thought the Senators should use the All-star logo as the base for their next set. Untilt the circle containing the peace tower so that it looks like an O, integrate some green and you're ready to go

6fer3k2ixqwwb4vyd7bt26h6h.gif

58 minutes ago, Yippy said:

I would like the Sens to go with an updated version of this. The Capitals already did a fantastic job bringing back a workmark logo, I don't see why the Sens can't make it work. 

303d6bd3230c201f759c57c00205f6fe.jpg

Nobody really likes this logo, just as nobody really likes the Caps' logo. Everybody's clamoring for the Caps to use the "Weagle", anyways.

The guy on here that made the cool updated Senator (side profile, shaped like an O). Someone needs to get that logo sent over to the team so they can consider it. 

@hockey week 's "Peace Tower in the heritage O with some maple leaves" is the best Peace Tower Sens concept out there. And that's including the team's two official Peace Tower-inspired logos.

4 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

@hockey week 's "Peace Tower in the heritage O with some maple leaves" is the best Peace Tower Sens concept out there. And that's including the team's two official Peace Tower-inspired logos.

It's really perfect, IMO. It looks like a logo that could last 100 years. It has a timeless quality to it.

I just wish we were allowed to post a picture of it here. ;)

Just now, Cosmic said:

It's really perfect, IMO. It looks like a logo that could last 100 years. It has a timeless quality to it.

I just wish we were allowed to post a picture of it here. ;)

Does this signal Anaheim isn't promoting third jersey/Mighty Duck? That would be a shame. And not that I question Chris Creamer, but I have a feeling the Sens will make the change next season- the team president is just being ominous. 

IMG_1480.JPG