• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm OK with it. It's a serviceable look replacing another serviceable look. I like the striping pattern, and having "UTAH" on at least one uniform is nice. The alt is something I want to dislike, but I can't help but enjoy it's corniness. However, (shameless self-plug incoming), I still think I did a better job balancing the New Orleans look with the 1990's classics:

19474151712_8acb3f2617_b.jpg

19480478745_6c2c6cd742_b.jpg

The more I see of the new Jazz uniforms (pride uniform aside), the more I like them. With the new number font, the more modern striping and overall look of the uniforms fit really well. I liked the old uniforms too, but they were a bit uninspired for my taste considering they were practically a recolor of the old purple/green/yellow uniforms. The new ones certainly aren't perfect, but they are a nice blend of the retro aesthetic with the Jazz word mark and J-note logo, and the modern striping and number font.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'm OK with it. It's a serviceable look replacing another serviceable look. I like the striping pattern, and having "UTAH" on at least one uniform is nice. The alt is something I want to dislike, but I can't help but enjoy it's corniness. However, (shameless self-plug incoming), I still think I did a better job balancing the New Orleans look with the 1990's classics:

19474151712_8acb3f2617_b.jpg

19480478745_6c2c6cd742_b.jpg

Oh you definitely did. Though personally I think if you kept the siding design from these but used the color scheme from your first Jazz concept you'd have the most gorgeous uniforms of all time.

And back to the Jazz designs, I've spent some time thinking about the ones that aren't abominations and I've decided I like it. The striping pattern is actually cool, and while the green alt would be perfect with the Jazz word mark on it, I still like it as it is.

8bVWNl7.png.df4b40fc8bee1fb7b4442d7fc55c

2016-17 is the 50th season (not anniversary) for the ABA teams (established in 1967, joined NBA in 1976).  Should see 50th season logos (and possibly patches) for the Nuggets, Pacers, Spurs, and Nets, plus a 50th season for the Rockets.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

2016-17 is the 50th season (not anniversary) for the ABA teams (established in 1967, joined NBA in 1976).  Should see 50th season logos (and possibly patches) for the Nuggets, Pacers, Spurs, and Nets, plus a 50th season for the Rockets.

Of all those, I think I'm actually most interested in what the Nuggets do. There's a few different ways it could go. I'm kinda hoping they go a little rainbow with it. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Are purple and orange really "quirky" or have you just been warped by a league where only 7 out of 30 (6 if you count the Bucks uni's) teams dont use blue or red?

And what does this have to do with the league anyway? People want to see teams with nice color schemes, especially if they have an iconic or historical relevance to that given team.

Lastly, :censored: the league image...it favors template shooting shirts, ads, and sleeved uni's. Power to the teams!

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Okay, after seeing these for a couple days, here's what I think:

THE PROS

- Ditching Silver, which muddied up the last look.

- Three-color striping.

THE CONS:

- Cut-off stripes.

- Tramp-Stamp UTAH on the back of the shorts

- Generic alternate logos that could easily apply to just about any team.

- Using Navy rather than purple.

- Ugly and bland UTAH wordmark on the alt.

- Multi-colored collar and cuffs. 

On 4/12/2016 at 2:25 PM, Waffles said:

(ignore the phantom quote)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

12 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Dare I say this, but I think these look better as a sleeved jersey then they would've as a tank.

8 hours ago, Ark said:

Um... those are actually great.

First time I've ever liked a sleeve jersey

Looks like people are slowly turning to the dark side.

Soon folks will be going: "Hmm, i love Double Whoppers so i am okay with my Spurs wearing that Burger King patch"

Silver wins, it´s over people :puke: 

16 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Dare I say this, but I think these look better as a sleeved jersey then they would've as a tank.

But why though? There is no design on the sleeves that add substance to this uniform. A tank top would look just as good and probably better.

1.  The sleeved jersey should have either the basketball-logo mark, or the full Jazz wordmark on the chest.  THe J logo isn't strong enough to stand on its own.  Even the roundel version with the wording would work better there.

2.  THe sleeved jersey should have yellow cuffs, or some other design on the sleeve, or just not be sleeved.  This goes for all sleeved jerseys, but especially this one since it has so much design on the other parts of it.

3.  The "jazz" mark on the front of the waistband is silly.  I get that otherwise the team name won't appear on the front of the uniform, but it just looks ridiculous (I feel the same for all logos that appear in that area, but especially a wordmark.)  Tramp stamps are bad enough, but this is worse.

4.  Overall it's the best sleeved uniform, but could be improved by a few simple tweaks as stated above.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived