NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

I am SO glad the Lions are dropping the black.  It wouldn't have been so bad if they had been a new team and we weren't aware of how they looked (better) beforehand.  The worst part of it, though, was the black stripes on the sleeves.  They looked very forced and ruined the whole thing for me.  Maybe if they had been thinner?

173770-detroit-lions-quarterback-matthew-stafford-looks-for-his-receiver-duri.jpg

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My "hope" for the Lions:

1. Billy Sims Era jersey (but updated - pic for reference below).  Loved the silver, not white numbers.

2. Barry Sanders Era.  Classic.  With some modern updating this is would work.

3. Throwback.  The throwbacks with an updated helmet.  I dig this. Although it might be too "Raideresque" only in blue.

I drive by the Lions training facility every day.  I'll keep an eye out on any other changes.

running-back-billy-sims-of-the-detroit-l

12 hours ago, Shumway said:

I just really wish I hadn't purchased a new Stafford jersey this year. First, my authentic Kevin Jones jersey becomes obsolete, then Suh leaves (purchased a player tee when I went to Ford Field), and now they get new uniforms after I buy a new jersey.

This team never fails to disappoint me! :D

I ordered a Matt Kalil jersey in 2012 and then found out the Vikings were getting new jerseys right after it shipped. Luckily it was soon enoguh that I was able to just return it. Lucked out in more ways than one on that one since Kalil went from looking to be a future all-pro to barely mediocre. :lol:

That was the first time something like that actually worked out for me. When I was younger and had a ton of jerseys of different players/teams it always seemed within a year of getting that jersey the player would leave the team or the team would get new uniforms.

56 minutes ago, VikWings said:

I ordered a Matt Kalil jersey in 2012 and then found out the Vikings were getting new jerseys right after it shipped. Luckily it was soon enoguh that I was able to just return it. Lucked out in more ways than one on that one since Kalil went from looking to be a future all-pro to barely mediocre. :lol:

That was the first time something like that actually worked out for me. When I was younger and had a ton of jerseys of different players/teams it always seemed within a year of getting that jersey the player would leave the team or the team would get new uniforms.

I had the same curse for years with Vikings jerseys. I'd get a jersey, and a year later the player would be gone. Dwayne Rudd, Michael Bennett, Daunte Culpepper, Todd Bowman (don't judge lol). And I also got a Bridgewater jersey his rookie year. Should've seen that one coming.

7 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I had the same curse for years with Vikings jerseys. I'd get a jersey, and a year later the player would be gone. Dwayne Rudd, Michael Bennett, Daunte Culpepper, Todd Bowman (don't judge lol). And I also got a Bridgewater jersey his rookie year. Should've seen that one coming.

Better off buying a custom jersey with your name or whatever.  I still wear it and no need to worry about players being cut or traded. 

8 minutes ago, Huntr said:

Better off buying a custom jersey with your name or whatever.  I still wear it and no need to worry about players being cut or traded. 

Nah, I'd never get a custom jersey with my name. That's just too tacky in my opinion. I'm fine wearing jerseys of players that are gone, but it's also why I'm starting to prefer soccer jerseys. I can get the team jersey with no player name/number. Can't do that in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

"The Lions aren’t the only NFL team with an upcoming color tweak, incidentally. More on that soon, maybe tomorrow."

http://www.uni-watch.com/2017/02/02/were-talking-about-batting-practice/

According to this article, there is another NFL team making a color tweak. Wonder which one? 

You have my attention!

Brainstorming here without any inside info whatsoever, but maybe Denver (lighter blue?), Philadelphia (lighter green?), or the Jets (ditto on the green)?

The wishful thinking part of me wants Seattle to be done with the neon green or for Washington to darken the burgundy back to the throwback shade, but I think both are highly unlikely.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

11 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

"The Lions aren’t the only NFL team with an upcoming color tweak, incidentally. More on that soon, maybe tomorrow."

According to this article, there is another NFL team making a color tweak. Wonder which one? 

Technically, there might be more than one other team.  Paul's comment doesn't put a limit on it.

5 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

You have my attention!

Brainstorming here without any inside info whatsoever, but maybe Denver (lighter blue?), Philadelphia (lighter green?), or the Jets (ditto on the green)?

The wishful thinking part of me wants Seattle to be done with the neon green or for Washington to darken the burgundy back to the throwback shade, but I think both are highly unlikely.

Likewise - I was thinking Jets, Eagles, Skins, or Saints. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

59 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Eagles I swear to god it better be you. I'm really starting to hate Navy Teal and Black

If it's the Eagles I'll upload a vid of myself rolled-up backwards urinating into my own mouth.  Not gonna happen. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived