NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

I think the Lions used black fairly well in the most recent set.  However, the logo with the black outline removed looks really good.  The helmet mockup without the black outline also looks really good.

One question about the new logo -- Is it me, or is the logo outlined in blue instead of silver on the Lions statement?

Good catch. I didn't notice that until you said that. That seems odd that it would differ from the newly revealed logos.

18 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Anybody seen the real deal? As as Lions fan I should be happy that they're dropping black but I feel like I should be worried about the actual uniforms... I sincerely hope they don't go modern/chrome.

You won't see the real deal for a while yet, but that won't stop a bunch of people from jumping in here and claiming to have some inside scoop.  Back when Nike first took over, there was a guy on here who swore he had the goods from some Reddit insider... Vikings in gray pants, Cowboys chrome helmet, yada yada, none of which was true. He inventually got himself banned but set up a dupe account when the Browns speculation was rampant, just so he could come back on here and spout about his Reddit connections all over again.  Which, once again, turned out to be total BS. And then he was re-banned. 

Good times.

I've said it before, I could take or leave the black, but it did look really nice when paired with the blue and silver. I'd go as far to say it's the best they've ever looked (unpopular, I'm sure). The logo still looks great, though the wordmark is a slight downgrade.

This isn't exactly your Seattle Seahawks or Tampa Bay Buccaneers kind of an organization so I'm not expecting major changes to the uniforms.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

You won't see the real deal for a while yet, but that won't stop a bunch of people from jumping in here and claiming to have some inside scoop.  Back when Nike first took over, there was a guy on here who swore he had the goods from some Reddit insider... Vikings in gray pants, Cowboys chrome helmet, yada yada, none of which was true. He inventually got himself banned but set up a dupe account when the Browns speculation was rampant, just so he could come back on here and spout about his Reddit connections all over again.  Which, once again, turned out to be total BS. And then he was re-banned. 

Good times.

I know I won't see it myself but an "insider" could have told me to relax, that it isn't a modern trainwreck. Let's say I'm kinda nervous...

8 hours ago, VikWings said:

I like the Lions ditching the black and I don't mind the new wordmark, it's not great but I hated their old one and the number font that mimicked it. That font ruined their jerseys for me.

Might just be the nostalgia talking but I wouldn't mind if they brought back this wordmark:

475.gif

Loved that wordmark and the logo that went with it.

I just really wish I hadn't purchased a new Stafford jersey this year. First, my authentic Kevin Jones jersey becomes obsolete, then Suh leaves (purchased a player tee when I went to Ford Field), and now they get new uniforms after I buy a new jersey.

This team never fails to disappoint me! :D

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

That's nice, but I want to see them bring back the classic stripes.  Blue/white/blue.

Agreed.

So, the Barry Sanders era uniforms with updated logo, new wordmark, and new font with silver trim?

49 minutes ago, Shumway said:

I just really wish I hadn't purchased a new Stafford jersey this year. First, my authentic Kevin Jones jersey becomes obsolete, then Suh leaves (purchased a player tee when I went to Ford Field), and now they get new uniforms after I buy a new jersey.

This team never fails to disappoint me! :D

I got a Ted Ginn Jr. jersey... he left, I got a Ricky Williams jersey... he left, I got a Cameron Wake jersey... they announced the new uniforms after I ordered it.

I know that feeling. B)

Archived