NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

2 hours ago, H11K said:

Yes and no, it looks like the "1" and "7" are at the same level, but its the spacing between both the 2's that appears to be different.

It almost looks like they are spacing it off of the circle and ignoring the feather. So in that sense it appears to be equal distance, but with the feather it isn't. 

11856_large.jpg

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

It almost looks like they are spacing it off of the circle and ignoring the feather. So in that sense it appears to be equal distance, but with the feather it isn't. 

11856_large.jpg

Yeah, just looks off in the peripherals.

a2BRS8U.png

16 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Any word if the Redskins will roll out a new throwback? They usually unveil a new throwback uniform every 5 years.

70th Anniversary:

35 years since the curved feathers and the SB XVII victory.  Considering the one-helmet rule, seems like it would be easy to put the '82 decals on the helmet.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

16 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Any word if the Redskins will roll out a new throwback? They usually unveil a new throwback uniform every 5 years.

The word on the streets (i.e. fan message boards and the like) is that they will be using this throwback this year....

Jurgensen_Sonny_Action.jpg

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

1 hour ago, HailGoldPants said:

The word on the streets (i.e. fan message boards and the like) is that they will be using this throwback this year....

Jurgensen_Sonny_Action.jpg

So literally just updating the jersey to match the current pants and socks? And maybe a grey facemask?usatsi_9502068-copy.jpg?w=1000&h=600&cro

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

3 hours ago, DeFrank said:

So literally just updating the jersey to match the current pants and socks? And maybe a grey facemask?usatsi_9502068-copy.jpg?w=1000&h=600&cro

Yeah, not much a change, right?  Of course, it's mostly based on some guy on a message board saying something on the likes of, "I know this guy that is an insider at Nike....".

If this throwback were to come to fruition, I would like to see them go all out and actually get the thinner white helmet stripes and bigger side decals. Back in the day, the feather on the side decals was a bit longer too.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

1 hour ago, HailGoldPants said:

Yeah, not much a change, right?  Of course, it's mostly based on some guy on a message board saying something on the likes of, "I know this guy that is an insider at Nike....".

If this throwback were to come to fruition, I would like to see them go all out and actually get the thinner white helmet stripes and bigger side decals. Back in the day, the feather on the side decals was a bit longer too.

And I guess they could also lighten the burgundy (the picture I posted is uncharacteristically dark because of sweat/maybe rain, but still). 

potd 10/20/12

That "rumored" Washington throwback would be a big improvement.  Just move the numbers up to the shoulder and it could be promoted to primary.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That "rumored" Washington throwback would be a big improvement.  Just move the numbers up to the shoulder and it could be promoted to primary.

The fact that I feel like the team would consider "updating" to that throwback look is not encouraging. 

In 2002, there were reports that team owner Dan Synder strongly considered making the 2002 fauxback 70th anniversary uniforms the new full time set.

In 2007, the 75th anniversary uniform pants and socks were shelved after one loss wearing them...

Until 2010, when the team decided to just use the pants and socks from a throwback set with their current helmet and jersey.

Therefore I could totally imagine the team completing this mishmash identity evolution in 2017.

Only problem is we finally brought back the burgundy pants last year. So.

I've long thought that the team should really work hard to come up with an intentional "classic" set that takes the best elements of the past but actually thinks about how to use them. Such as the following.

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 10.49.15 PM.png

potd 10/20/12

Archived