NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Why did they add the drop shadow??? Lukas has the old and new comparison:

All I have learned about the Nike NBA takeover is that they seem to be making changes just to make changes.

19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

As far as the fronts of the jerseys, I have a feeling the sash stripe impacted the decision to go with the mesh all around the front of the jersey, as opposed to just having the Aeroswift mesh panels.

That makes sense, but in other side, they could kept front panel and remove these from sides.

About back, thanks to Sixers I've already know how it is. Mesh on back + Aeroswift panels, before that i'm not exactly sure about mesh.

4r2eer.png

The drop shadow is weird.  I don't like how it makes the blue jersey look, yet I feel like the white jersey is now the nicest look in the league.  Also bothers me that the thickness of the drop shadow is different on the wordmark than the numbers. 

3 minutes ago, kutztown said:

The drop shadow is weird.  I don't like how it makes the blue jersey look, yet I feel like the white jersey is now the nicest look in the league.  Also bothers me that the thickness of the drop shadow is different on the wordmark than the numbers. 

Was just about to post this re: the different thicknesses of the drop shadows. Drives me nuts. 

I liked the drop shadows in the teaser, but I think I like them more in that vacuum than within the context of a uniform -- the reds and blues end up competing with one another and a previously very crisp look is now muddled. 

I always wanted an outline because I felt like the standard block was a little too rec-league looking, unless you had that tradition like Boston or something.  Sixers have pretty much always had an outline.  These would have looked a lot nicer with a full outline as opposed to a drop-shadow.  However, I do think that the drop-shadow is an improvement on the white unis, but something definitely throws it off on the blue. 

1 hour ago, jmac11281 said:

All I have learned about the Nike NBA takeover is that they seem to be making changes just to make changes.

It's smart, TBH.  Subtle changes don't affect the teams' brand identity much, but they do make the old Adidas replicas and authentics look dated.  Fans will have a little more incentive to go buy the updated Nike gear. 

Archived