Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Digby    671

One way to put the kibosh on reading too much into the TWolves shirseys: do we know whether teams still are limited to pick from 3 fonts for names on back?

keynote    211
7 hours ago, the_Raptors_king said:

would throwback jerseys have ads?

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 1.52.24 PM.png

Unpopular opinion (apparently), but I *hated* that jersey.  The logo itself was silly enough, but those Flinstone pinstripes were clownish -- and a slavish copy of the Hornets' and Magic's design element.   I was quite glad to see them graduate to the adult-looking Nike wishbone jerseys -- even if they were two-tone.  

BringBackTheVet    4,086

I hope the Sixers unveil is the same exact uniform just with the two ad logos.  It's so good just as is - they don't need to change anything (except maybe go to a normal block number font like the Barkley-era uniforms used.)

EddieJ1984    271
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I hope the Sixers unveil is the same exact uniform just with the two ad logos.  It's so good just as is - they don't need to change anything (except maybe go to a normal block number font like the Barkley-era uniforms used.)

It certainly seems like its going to have drop shadows.

kimball    582
3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Looks like the Nuggets will be announcing their jersey advertiser tomorrow:

I'm not expecting their primary uniforms to change much, if at all (other than the manufacturer and template switch), so it wouldn't surprise me if they unveiled those tomorrow at the same time.

Sooooooo ... pretty much FedEx?

DG_Now    3,803

Memphis Express would have been such a dumb yet wonderful name.

Also, I think that Jumpman logo on the Charlotte uniform looks pretty cool.

upperV03    1,907

First look at what the full Warriors uniform will look like:

And a better look at the armhole trim on the jersey:

Shadojoker    616

visa_2014_logo.png

Nike changes be like..we just introduced revolutionary font textures and color saturation..........Oh and we threw this little side touch of yellow. 

tajmccall    214
53 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

visa_2014_logo.png

Nike changes be like..we just introduced revolutionary font textures and color saturation..........Oh and we threw this little side touch of yellow. 

Cost, $600,000

DeFrank    133

I really disliked the usage of "Hornets 

" instead of "Charlotte on the real jersey but then I remembered Home/Away designations are no longer and I got over it.

prof    44
43 minutes ago, Surf said:

New Charlotte uniform has a light blue stripe.

Did they also have that last year?

hornets-2017-5.png

Mmh...yes hornetsfinal2

jmac11281    1,070
8 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Why did they add the drop shadow??? Lukas has the old and new comparison:

All I have learned about the Nike NBA takeover is that they seem to be making changes just to make changes.

pepis21    265
19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

As far as the fronts of the jerseys, I have a feeling the sash stripe impacted the decision to go with the mesh all around the front of the jersey, as opposed to just having the Aeroswift mesh panels.

That makes sense, but in other side, they could kept front panel and remove these from sides.

About back, thanks to Sixers I've already know how it is. Mesh on back + Aeroswift panels, before that i'm not exactly sure about mesh.

kutztown    46

The drop shadow is weird.  I don't like how it makes the blue jersey look, yet I feel like the white jersey is now the nicest look in the league.  Also bothers me that the thickness of the drop shadow is different on the wordmark than the numbers. 

Hoopladawg87    360
3 minutes ago, kutztown said:

The drop shadow is weird.  I don't like how it makes the blue jersey look, yet I feel like the white jersey is now the nicest look in the league.  Also bothers me that the thickness of the drop shadow is different on the wordmark than the numbers. 

Was just about to post this re: the different thicknesses of the drop shadows. Drives me nuts. 

I liked the drop shadows in the teaser, but I think I like them more in that vacuum than within the context of a uniform -- the reds and blues end up competing with one another and a previously very crisp look is now muddled. 

kutztown    46

I always wanted an outline because I felt like the standard block was a little too rec-league looking, unless you had that tradition like Boston or something.  Sixers have pretty much always had an outline.  These would have looked a lot nicer with a full outline as opposed to a drop-shadow.  However, I do think that the drop-shadow is an improvement on the white unis, but something definitely throws it off on the blue.