College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

5 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Rumored new Rice Owls secondary logos. 

IMG_0953.JPG

I can't place why, but the owl's mouth looks off. Something with the negative space and keyline. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/9/2017 at 1:12 PM, upperV03 said:

Their latest set was actually pretty nice for the most part. It certainly still had its flaws but it was much better than their previous sets with unnecessary and ugly paneling on the jerseys and pants. There were several really nice combos.

IMG_3400.JPG.a7fd7aec94a3e22b3ed4779b6bdd59d7.JPGIMG_3403.JPG.d429e9d358fc44bbff3513de4c3d7dd3.JPG

With no striping on the sleeves or shoulders and minimal pant striping, they may be alright. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/9/2017 at 2:12 PM, upperV03 said:

Their latest set was actually pretty nice for the most part. It certainly still had its flaws but it was much better than their previous sets with unnecessary and ugly paneling on the jerseys and pants. There were several really nice combos.

IMG_3401.JPG.bcbaec28f5c9fd6b004cc3c8f7ca8690.JPGIMG_3403.JPG.d429e9d358fc44bbff3513de4c3d7dd3.JPG

As long as SJSU keeps their helmets. Those are some of the best in college football.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

FYI, San Jose State is having a yard sale this weekend I think. The equipment team on Twitter posted some stuff for sale, including the previous Nike blue jerseys

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

On 4/10/2017 at 10:33 PM, pianoknight said:

I can't place why, but the owl's mouth looks off. Something with the negative space and keyline. 

I know owl beaks are small- but they're also pronounced. The area just doesn't seem beak-like.

The Old English R seems out of place with everything else. Since that is something their supporters really are invested in (and is closely associated with their successful baseball program) it seems like you'd build around that. But I'm just a guy on the internet.

ss.jpg

20 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Weird having the old R and a jagged modern font. Bad branding is bad

Apparently, they wanted to ditch the Old English R but fans and alumni talked them out of it. I don't think it's that big a deal, because the new custom font looks blackletter-esque without literally being blackletter.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Also, a couple more things of note from around college football today.

Urban Meyer is sporting a jacket with the LeBron logo on it:

IMG_3528.thumb.JPG.7314f1ac1656cd6619bffb17cf343f60.JPG

And Pitt is sporting the Steelers' logo on the right side of their helmets today in honor of Dan Rooney:

IMG_3527.thumb.JPG.4554c93f726269dae4173bb90bb1477b.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

45 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I have to ask... what the hell does that whole "Row The Boat" thing stand for?

Basically be a team and work together because on a crew team the team doesn't perform unless everyone is rowing in unison. There are a million other ways he could express this without putting ors on everything and killing looks

As long as it stays on shirts and off the gameday uniforms I think he'll be fine.  As for Ohio State,  they had Nike and LBJ logos on the jackets so maybe they'll swap over to LBJ this fall. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived