(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

This will be a difficult series. Sure, Johansen's out, but Fisher should be healthy, and Nashville has players like Neal and of course Subban who can score and defend. I'm going with Pens in 7.

Good luck to the Nashville fans on this board (like BeerGuyJordan). The first Stanley Cup Final appearance is always a fun, glorious experience.

NSFCvyu.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Predators have a few dynamite players on offence, defence, and between the pipes. The Penguins, however, have so much depth on their roster, it's not even funny. Is M-A Fleury gonna be benched for the whole finals?

The Preds can win this, but it's going to be a hell of a battle.

I just sit back year-after-year and enjoy the playoffs.  I'll probably throw on my Milwaukee Admirals sweater at some point in the next week plus to watch a game (not that I haven't been watching all along this year).

Go Preds!

It's where I sit.

51 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Should Nashville win the cup, where would they rank among the biggest Stanley Cup upsets of all time?

Pretty freaking high. The Preds (essentially a 16th seed) have proved themselves enough that a lot of people think they might make it happen, but the Pens are still the heavy favorite.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

16 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

This Final is gonna have more yellow than a shelf of urine samples. 

I think its going to be to be a good series (I'm going Predators in 7), but it's aesthetically going to be an eyesore.

They should drink more water, then.

1 hour ago, neo_prankster said:

Should Nashville win the cup, where would they rank among the biggest Stanley Cup upsets of all time?

It shouldn't be that much of an all-timer, really.  There was talk that the Predators were underachieving at the All-Star break.  They did have higher expectations than being the #2 Wild Card.  It's like Fresno State baseball the year they won the College World Series...yeah, they were a low-seed in the tournament, but they had a lofty preseason ranking and they underachieved for much of the season.

^ This.

If I remember correctly, right after the big trade they were billed as Cup finalist favorites, but sure didn't play like it for much of the season. That slump Rinne went on didn't help, either. But then they got hot at the right time and now, here we are.

I've been most impressed by the resiliency this team has shown and is showing this postseason, to have lost three players this postseason, two in one series, and yet still they fight. For that reason alone I think they can hang with the Penguins. (shoot, look what Ottawa just did to them.)

(Oh and someone mentioned all the yellow...i take that as an extra treat, being that yellow's my favorite color and all. :D)

Also: I really think it's time the Preds' brass stop doing stuff like this. Not helping themselves out at all.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

25 minutes ago, Buc said:

Also: I really think it's time the Preds' brass stop doing stuff like this. Not helping themselves out at all.

I feel like other teams in multiple leagues have done stuff like this. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. 

2 hours ago, Buc said:

Having bought a ticket, to game 3, it isn't really necessary. Not this year. Preds finals tickets are scarce, and going for about double what the Pens ones are. If Nashville ever gets to their fourth cup final, in a decade, maybe.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

1 hour ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Having bought a ticket, to game 3, it isn't really necessary. Not this year. Preds finals tickets are scarce, and going for about double what the Pens ones are. If Nashville ever gets to their fourth cup final, in a decade, maybe.

Local radio did a comparison this afternoon (which obviously can change). Game 1 in Pittsburgh were averaging ~$1,000. Cheapest ticket was ~$300. Around 2,500 tickets for sale. Game 3 tickets averaging $2,300. Cheapest ticket was $1,000. Around 300 tickets for sale.

Go Perds! Hope they can pull it off.

Hoping for a short Final... every time the series switches cities, there's two days off between games. I know Nashville and Pittsburgh are in different time zones, but that's a bit much.

24 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

I looked at those Game 3 prices the evening they won the series and quickly backed away.  I'm not spending a grand on a game where my team isn't involved!

I got my game 3 club level seat for $750. I was initially going to wait and see if I could find something for under $500, but when an aquaintance reached out and offered her spare seat, at that price, I had to jump at it. My dad being a Blues fan has taught me to not count on a "next time."

40 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I got my game 3 club level seat for $750. I was initially going to wait and see if I could find something for under $500, but when an aquaintance reached out and offered her spare seat, at that price, I had to jump at it. My dad being a Blues fan has taught me to not count on a "next time."

I'm well aware on dropping some coin for something that doesn't happen very often.  We spent a pretty penny on the Super Bowl.

I'm all for experiences.  If the circumstances allow, do it.

The only way I see a team here in Canada winning a Cup again is to give the players on U.S. teams injuries so brutal(broken legs/necks, concussions, popped eyeballs) that those players miss about 18 months of action.

But let's face facts...as long as Gary keeps writing the big cheques, then the Canadian teams, and their fans, are his personal slaves.

It's a better idea to overthrow him out of office, break up the Board of Governors, and never allow the U.S. teams' owners to have any say over the NHL's fate in Canada again, or allow NBC to have any voice over how the schedule is set up anymore.

NBC should be subject to what CBC/Rogers wants to dictate, not the other way around.

The season should start in September, the weekend after NFL Kickoff, and end no later than May 31.

But I guess I'm being a bad little boy for telling the truth, and yelling rat to the type of tyrant Gary is.

>=P

@RaginRonic I'm havin' a Miss Cleo moment.

I see a dark shape in your future. It's clearer, now. It looks like a ban hammer.

49 minutes ago, RaginRonic said:
The only way I see a team here in Canada winning a Cup again is to give the players on U.S. teams injuries so brutal(broken legs/necks, concussions, popped eyeballs) that those players miss about 18 months of action

Ironically enough that would mean the majority of players getting hurt would still be Canadian. 

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived