Jezus_Ghoti

Changes to Titans uniforms in 2018 are 'not minor'

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

You’re very likely correct, as I’ve been here as long as anyone and have experienced all the hoaxes. My point was that he hasn’t been “proven” wrong until the season starts without anything having been released. Nobody should be instantly believed until they’ve earned trust, but nobody should just be dismissed and ridiculed either, until they’ve been “proven” wrong. 

I would say that his claim that the Jags are going with a gold helmet after multiple sources confirmed it was a black helmet proves he's wrong. He claimed that the team must have switched things up since he last saw them, but we're dealing with a NFL rebrand. No way something as central to the team's identity as a helmet was just changed a month or two before the unveiling.

I agree that no one should be instantly believed or dismissed out of hand. I do think, however, that certain recent developments have cast the user in question in a dubious light.

As for multiple members who have “seen” the new set, what are you basing that on? Keep in mind that I’m inclined to believe them simply due to the way they’ve articulated their descriptions and that it all sounds reasonable (certainly more believable than the poster we’re discussing about “proving” wrong) but nobody here knows that they’ve seen them, unless there’s some photos that have been sent to the mods or some other true verification. 

So @TSHARE18 claimed to have seen the Jags set, and described it in a way that was almost entirely contrary to what @DanParker claimed. Ok. Like you I'm not inclined to believe or disbelieve one over the other.

Then multiple media sources close to the team confirmed the black helmet, throwing DanParker's "teal and gold UCLA" claims into question. He responded by claiming that the team changed their minds on the helmet since he last saw the new set, but that doesn't make any sense for the reasons I went over above.

Then a second user who claimed to have seen the set described them almost exactly as TSHARE18 described them.

All of this leads me to believe that TSHARE is, at the very least, closer to the truth than DanParker is.

Combine this with DanParker's claims that the Raiders are adding gold to their uniforms? And Parker's claims just come off sounding remarkably similar to the "Cowboys with chrome helmets/Titans in red and silver/Broncos in orange and chrome" BS that Reddit users try to peddle on a somewhat regular basis.

Obviously the Jags' set has yet to be unveiled, but given the totality of everything we've been told from multiple perspectives? I think it's fair to say that DanParker's just spreading falsities.

The forum is basically choosing to believe one (now two) posters and ridicule another, though neither side has presented any “proof” to be accepted or rejected.

I agree wholeheartedly. I didn't jump on DanParker at first for that reason. I do think, however, that enough has come to light to at least warrant the community being cautious about his "insider" info.

Gradients huh? I wouldn’t mind seein something out there like a navy jersey leading to a gradient powder shoulder yoke. Similar to the current set, but slightly different. 

Doesn't look any different than their current identity so I'd say nothing will be released until April 4th.

TShare has also been around. To lie isn't like him. It's  not consistent with his posting pattern.

Dan Parker just came out of nowhere. That's a big troll indicator. He was also trying real hard to sell it. Red flag.

Every year, the months between the Superbowl and the NFL draft are my favorite on this board.  The crazy speculation, followed by the random trolling, followed by the anger over the trolling. Spectacular.

It's the closest we get to having the ugliest bathroom back.

21 hours ago, DanParker said:

I did not mean to cause such a hailstorm, my sincerest apologies. 

I would like like to be as clear as possible and say that a gold helmet for Jacksonville was in the works but that was changed to black, but I stand by what I said in that a teal jersey is now the primary. 

As as far as the Titans, I’ll just say you should be bracing yourselves. These uniforms are pretty wild. They feature a design mechanism I’ve long watched this board fear making its way to the NFL. And again for the record I have never said they are getting red helmets. People are starting to put words in my mouth and I don’t appreciate that.

Are you also going to backtrack on your claims that the Raiders are adding gold to their uniforms and the Browns are "overhauling everything" and going with white helmets and a logo?

Again, I will bring up that you offered to show the mods photographic proof of all these proposed changes. To my knowledge you still haven't shown that to anyone, so I don't know why anyone would believe anything you say. 

Show the proof you offered to show and any questions about your credibility will instantly disappear.

Nope, not backtracking those claims. The Raiders are adding gold trim for their first year in Vegas, and that is 100%. The Browns are currently exploring several options but I do know the helmets will 100% be white. I’m not sure when the Browns will roll out the changes.

I have  offered proof but none of the mods want that responsibility. Plenty of regular users want to see the pictures but I’m not just going to show them to anyone. There has to be a degree of accountability.

So... we aren’t talking 2018 then? I feel like I’ve been defending your honor (so to speak) against a lot of the ridicule, but now finding out that it could be years before anything can be proven true or false, and considering we’re talking multiple years, still plenty of time for clubs to change plans before Nike ramps up production. Kinda better just not to say anything, at least until things are 100% set in stone. 

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, DanParker said:

Nope, not backtracking those claims. The Raiders are adding gold trim for their first year in Vegas, and that is 100%. The Browns are currently exploring several options but I do know the helmets will 100% be white. I’m not sure when the Browns will roll out the changes.

I have  offered proof but none of the mods want that responsibility. Plenty of regular users want to see the pictures but I’m not just going to show them to anyone. There has to be a degree of accountability.

Surely we can find a user here who would be willing to verify your claims. It doesn't have to be a mod; it could be any one of dozens of long-time users who have proven themselves to be trustworthy.

Edit: I also want to add that I don't want to give the impression I am picking on you. I hope I haven't come off that way. I want you to be right. In truth I love that uniform "leakers" post the juicy details we all want to know on these forums. I just don't have any time for bogus leaks, the likes of which we have seen before. After your claims about gold helmets with JAGS on them, which we now know to be false thanks to the reporting of reliable sources like the Associated Press's Mark Long (who has confirmed black helmets), I believe the burden of proof has shifted considerably for you. If you can indeed prove your other claims, as you have maintained, I really think you should.

Why bother tell us anything? You're like a clickbait link bringing you to a dead page. Blue balls of the second worst kind.

What responsibility? I will vouch if given evidence. Can I sign something? My real name and likeness is in my Dribbble link.

6 hours ago, DanParker said:

So you know teams’ plans for 2020? 

Yeah ok, guy. 

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

So you know teams’ plans for 2020? 

Yeah ok, guy. 

Watch the Raiders come out with some logo/patch for the inaugural season in Vegas that has gold trim and he comes back and says something like "they had planned for more but scaled it back to just an inaugural season logo only".

I would have prob bit if he said 2019 since I could see a lot of throwbacks coming that year.

If this guy claims to know so much, can he tell us what the Rams are doing for their changes? I think not.

On 2018-03-03 at 3:18 PM, DanParker said:

I am a mod. You can send me your “proof.” Any proof you have will not be shared outside of the mod/Admin team.  

Once we can varify what you’ve shared with me? I will be happy to vouch for you. 

On 3/2/2018 at 4:38 PM, Bucfan56 said:

Gradients huh? I wouldn’t mind seein something out there like a navy jersey leading to a gradient powder shoulder yoke. Similar to the current set, but slightly different. 

My #1 all-time guilty pleasure uniforms:

artb.jpg

My white whale is an authentic AFC jersey from 00/01... when they surface online, they typically hit $500-$1K, aside from a poorly-listed Randy Moss game jersey I missed that barely cracked $250 :(