MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

I like them using the cap "D" on the jerseys, but they really should have designed a new Old English "D" to work in both applications. Shameless self-plug, but I'd suggest something like this:

N3s6shq.png

It's light enough to work on a cap and bold enough to work on a jersey without deviating too much from their previous insignias.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, YessSir32 said:

https://twitter.com/tigers/status/956585156546002945

Tigers new home unis. Matching the D on jersey with one on that hat.

This is the absolute ultimate CCSLC development.  We all know that the D's have not matched for years.  Most "regular" fans had no idea.  We all assumed it would stay that way.  And they're matching them.  That should generate a lot of excitement/discussion here while generating about as much hubbub among most Tigers fans as the Twins Target Field wordmark upgrade did in Minnesota.

I know I should like this, but that jersey looks really odd to me.  So does the cap.  I'm sure I'll get used to it.  It makes sense.  But it's jarring right now.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Except that giant bells are more associated with Philadelphia than anywhere else.  It's clearly not the liberty bell, due to lack of crack, but the reference (I guess hells bells?) is pretty obscure.

Not to anyone who's seen Trevor Hoffman enter a game.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

33 minutes ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

The Mariners will celebrate the 20th anniversary of turn ahead the clock night on June 20th vs. the Royals.

The Mariners (or at least some of them, including Griffey) played in the field with their caps backwards?  How did I not know/remember this?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

MLB Shop already has the new Tigers jerseys and hats up.  For those so inclined, the old versions of the hat are on sale, the 2018 version is full price and excluded from the sale promotion.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

8 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Except that giant bells are more associated with Philadelphia than anywhere else.  It's clearly not the liberty bell, due to lack of crack, but the reference (I guess hells bells?) is pretty obscure.

Personally, I picked up on the reference immediately, but I can see your point if someone did not know the connection. 

Archived