JagAaron33

Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

This look with current number font, teal numbers on the white = perfect. And never wear white pants

7 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

This look with current number font, teal numbers on the white = perfect. And never wear white pants

I'm with you if you change the last sentence to " . . . always wear white pants."

8 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

So last year’s jerseys without the sleeve caps.

6 minutes ago, Brown1 said:

So last year’s jerseys without the sleeve caps.

Yeah, without the sleeve caps, yellow collar, leather shoulders, 3 different outlines on the front numbers vs the shoulder numbers vs the names on the back, the floating trapezoid pants and shield logo.

totally the same :P

10 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I'm with you if you change the last sentence to " . . . always wear white pants."

He had it correct the first time. Never wear white pants. 

2 hours ago, j'villejags said:

Not great, still a massive improvement. 

No pant stripe is a fail. We dont need any more leotards in the league 

Just now, CLEstones said:

Not great, still a massive improvement. 

I disagree. I still contend that the prior uniforms were great, minus those atrocious helmets. Removing some of the noise from that set wouldn't have hurt, but I generally thought they looked good. 

Of course, nothing compares to their early '2000s look, but the prior set was far superior to what this is turning out to be. 

1 minute ago, gosioux76 said:

I disagree. I still contend that the prior uniforms were great, minus those atrocious helmets. Removing some of the noise from that set wouldn't have hurt, but I generally thought they looked good. 

Of course, nothing compares to their early '2000s look, but the prior set was far superior to what this is turning out to be. 

I agree with you completely and must say it’s probably because I attended that wonderful school in Grand Forks.

Infinitely better than the last set. People didn't get exactly what they wanted so they'll complain. When we see them in action all the complaints will probably go away. Are they as good as the 90s uniform? No. Are they still a solid choice and one of the best changes in the Nike era? Yes

Personally I'm good with that look. It's a much better black set than the previous round, and if black is the primary, then I'm all for the primary look being the most improved look. No pants strip would suck, but then again the black pants from the era most of us loved the most didn't have stripes either (they did the first few times they were worn, but they were removed). Like others have said, the lack of gold is disappointing. But as a whole this uniform set is better than the previous uniform set in my view.

On the other Nike graphics I have that look awful similar to what is believed to be true, the pants with that set have some weird stripe at the bottom of the knee on the back. Looked odd. Hopefully they didn’t end up using the pants on the final set. I’ll pull a Dan Parker and tell a mod they can DM me an email address and I’ll share it with you. 

I think that the Jaguars "tech fit" uniforms look COLD. They look lifeless and uninspired. They almost aren't even teal without the warmth of another color.

I don't think that these new uniforms will have that problem. The use of black on teal, rather than black/white on teal, is better. As is the inclusion of the gold-heavy logo on both the pants and chest. That plus the fit of the jersey, and hopefully the hue of the teal, will all work.

This supposed New look gives me a fauxback feeling. I'm not a fan of the lack of gold, specifically the color being used as an outline on the numerals. There are other elements of the past that I wished they would return to, but overall, this is just an ok look. Not impressed nor disgusted.

So this will probably fall somewhere right under the Lions and Vikings Nike-fied looks.

3 hours ago, j'villejags said:

It's a safe move. They didn't do anything drastic in fear of backlash. They do need more gold.