Unpopular Opinions

I don't know if this would be considered an unpopular opinion or not, but I've always felt that the "dragon medallion" logo used for the Mortal Kombat video game series would have made a really cool sports logo, such as for a NFL franchise called the "Dragons" or something.

dragon_logo.png

I like when teams use black. :P

Same here. Granted, they can go overboard, like the Detroit Lions' black alternates, but not only do I like black in some colour schemes (i.e. Detroit Lions, Calgary Flames), I think's it's wholly necessary.

Edmonton+Oilers+v+Florida+Panthers+Vd9xrfFSGcyl.jpg

gagner-main.jpg

Love the Oilers current set (minus the gawdy throwback). For a franchise with an annoying habit of wanting to wallow in their own history, this is, for once, a bold step forward into the future. Would love to see Taylor Hall raise the Stanley Cup one day wearing these.

you LIKE that? They took your famed logo, slapped on an all-white template and added the stripes. They didn't design an interesting jersey or anything like that...too each his own.

i hate most of the reebok edge jerseys and despise the new piping/ striping / lack of horizontal lines on the bottom of jerseys...

however, i think the Blues and the Panthers really look solid in their new threads.

If one team was gonna use the vertical piping (only one team) , i'd make it the panthers. I think it coincides nicely with the panther's action. i dunno. not a popular opinion, i'm sure.

Edmonton+Oilers+v+Florida+Panthers+Vd9xrfFSGcyl.jpg

gagner-main.jpg

Love the Oilers current set (minus the gawdy throwback). For a franchise with an annoying habit of wanting to wallow in their own history, this is, for once, a bold step forward into the future. Would love to see Taylor Hall raise the Stanley Cup one day wearing these.

you LIKE that? They took your famed logo, slapped on an all-white template and added the stripes. They didn't design an interesting jersey or anything like that...too each his own.

I guess my opinion of these wouldn't be in this thread it wasn't unpopular...:)

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

Death to the Ball-In-Glove logo :P

Absolutely.

The ones I like:

• Florida Marlins teal pinstripes and teal cap.
    The Isles fisherman jerseys. If that logo would have been on a traditional (at the time, not an Edge) it would have been fine.
    Astros blue and gold.
    Buccaneers creamsicle jerseys.
    Late '80's "Chicago" and "White Sox" script jerseys.
    Late '70's Atlanta Braves white w/red pinstriped jerseys and the road feather jerseys.
    Bengals original set. If they paired that with the current helmet, that would be perfect.

The ones I don't:

• Anything Minnesota Wild or Twins, past or present.
    New Orleans Saints monochrome.
    Colorado Rockies blacks vests.
    Bengals orange "pumpkin" jerseys.

I don't know if this would be considered an unpopular opinion or not, but I've always felt that the "dragon medallion" logo used for the Mortal Kombat video game series would have made a really cool sports logo, such as for a NFL franchise called the "Dragons" or something.

dragon_logo.png

NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT IT BEFORE BUT I AGREE COMPLETELY!

I actually really like the Rockies black vest look.

179235_rockies_padres_baseball.jpg

I agree. I love these.

Thirded. I really don't understand why people dislike them, I can't see anything wrong with them. But, that's just me.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Why am I seeing the teal Marlins mentioned so often... I know teal is generally frowned upon, but I thought it was more/less a consensus that the Marlins were one of the few teams it worked work for... and very well at that.

Also, some of y'all need to learn the difference between "unpopular" and "obscure."

Despite the fact that EVERYONE seems to love him and he is routinely ranked as one of the best owners in North American professional sports, I absolutely LOATHE Arte Moreno slapping the faces of 353,643 citizens of Anaheim and the 3,010,759 citizens of Orange County (not to mention 9,848,011 Angelenos) by changing the ANAHEIM Angels to the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim."

Not cool, Phoenix Arte Moreno of Tuscon, not cool at all.

Go ahead and lower beer prices some more. I still hate you.

ps) Really Reagins? Is Hideki Matsui and Dan Haren all you got??? (ESPECIALLY after letting go of Garret Anderson, Vlad "Breakout Season in Texas" Guerrero, John "If You Can't Beat 'em Join 'em" Lackey and Chone "9-Tool" Figgins)!?

Ugh.

It's been tough being an Angels fan over the last 8 years. And the 41 years before that. And although I despised the periwinkle set that so many of you seem to love, I also don't care for a team ORANGE County called the ANGELS primary color being RED. They did that just to be the "red team" to the Dodgers' blue.

Time to go back to this: vVdnVgWa.jpg ...

OR Possibly this!!! ---> 0705_large.jpg (I cannot believe this was the ONLY "lowercase A" pic I could find of the '71 Angels)!

---END RANT---

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

ps) You know what, when they actually played in Los Angeles (at Wrigley, and then later Chavez Ravine aka "Dodger Stadium") they had a nice set of unis:

2249772632_385d49f358.jpg?v=0

Plus this is cool.

Here's a cool guide to the evolution of Angels logos since their introduction from the Pacific Coast League to the American League in 1961: angels_logos.jpg

...which do you guys like best?

I'm going with their short lived 1971-73, 1993-97 and 2002-05 looks.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png