Rutgers New Football Uniforms

djam2410

Rutgers is gong to be unveiling their new uniforms this afternoon; what are you guys expecting as far as helmets, jerseys, pants, etc ? im hoping for them to ditch black and use gray instead since that is usually associated with knights and with the sudden grey trend its possible..

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

helmets: 1.) red 2.) white 3.) matte black

jerseys: 1.) red 2.) white 3.) grey

pants: 1.) white 2.) red 3.) grey

i have no inside info, its just the standard Nike process. lets see how far they deviate from it. guess is none. oh, lets not forget the standard pattern featured in the numbers/logos and a really terrible number font

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

helmets: 1.) red 2.) white 3.) matte black

jerseys: 1.) red 2.) white 3.) grey

pants: 1.) white 2.) red 3.) grey

i have no inside info, its just the standard Nike process. lets see how far they deviate from it. guess is none. oh, lets not forget the standard pattern featured in the numbers/logos and a really terrible number font

I figure they'll have an all-black set with a matte black helmet.

First of all, let's get one thing straight: it's anthracite, not gray. :P

Secondly, I thoroughly expect them (Nike) to tear this up?and I don't mean that in a good way. As B-Moore mentioned up top, seems like Nike's done nailed down a certain process, all of which seem to include some shade of gray (if not two), and whatever flavor du jour they're on at the time?right now it's patterns in the numbers...not to mention creating some off-the-wall new proprietary font "just because". (And speaking of, Rutgers has done a great job of identifying themselves by that Rockell-ish font they have now; it'd be a shame to see them toss that by the wayside in favor of some new flavor-of-the-moment font.)

All that said, we saw what Utah State just came out with, and the Mizzou sets were pretty well tame overall, so we know the Swoosh is capable of restraint; the question is: will they? We'll see what Rutgers signed off on here shortly...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

And 6 minutes later, everything Bucco hoped Rutgers wouldn't do comes to pass.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Downgrade. Big time. Rutgers had the best, most cohesive primary uniforms in the Big East. Now they have a terrible number font, three helmets that are almost exactly the same as each other (but not quite), and the stupid Nike collars.

In semi-related news, I can 100% confirm UConn football will have no uniform changes in 2012.

well.........i like the Rutgers shield on the collar....thats about it

(EDIT) actually after looking at the gallery i really do like this set, except for the helmet; if they paired the helmet on the road jersey with the rest it would be fine with me

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Couple things I like... I like the number font and if you watch the video it explains why the helmet is silver. Like it or hate it they will definitely be unique.

As someone who will be a Rutgers alumni in 12 days, I hate them. The helmet is horrible, and the monochrome look doesn't work at all. Not nearly enough striping. Gray numbers? Terrible idea, gray isn't even a school color! At least black is an official color for Rutgers. The red uniform is by far the worst. If you make the helmet and the numbers red on the white jersey it could work.

Thank god I never had to watch these uniforms while I was an undergrad. It's a shame to see my soon-to-be Alma Mater fall from one of the best and classiest uniforms in college football, to one of the worst.

Anubis.png

What I love:

1. Number Font

2. Pants striping

3. Silver helmet with black and red striping

4. Monochrome red and black set.

What I hate:

1. Silver helmet with red striping

spacer.png

Love the new Rutgers uniforms. Font looks medieval, pants stripe looks like a sword, shield on the collar is awesome. The helmets are ok. Better as a alternate because I loved there old red and black helmets. Overall I give this a "B" for overall look

Number font is pretty cool and it fits RU pretty well. The collar (like many NFL collars) looks f'n stupid. This whole thing seems forced. Not everyone can be Oregon! RU has tried to build upon the fact that they were the first college football team, and this whole new design seems to look past that. I think comparing Rutgers' Ray Rice era uniforms to these is a good example of when less is more.

90758391980.gif

Archived