2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

I'm warming up to the overall look now that I'm seeing the jerseys with the shorts.

Still, there's just two to many things wrong with the jerseys to really be able to say "yeah, I like these."

The new wordmark, the silver, and the unfinished stripes all bug me. One of those elements on a uniform that didn't include the other two would be passable. All three though? It's just a bit to much. Overall I prefer it to the set that included black, but it's still far from perfect.

Overall, not TERRIBLE.... the jerseys are definitely carrying the whole uniform, though, as the shorts are very plain and boring. I'm also disappointed that they still won't use the team name at home: they aren't the New York New York, they're the New York Knicks.

Generally I agree with the "Home Name Road City" set up, but the Knicks make the city name on the home uniform work. Not only is it part of their aesthetic tradition, but with the Nets choosing to emphasize Brooklyn the Knicks have a chance to market themselves as the team for the rest of the city.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Era revealed these new caps. The OKC ones look great and would be a very nice alternate logo for the Thunders. I know these OKC caps aren't actually for the Thunder, but I think it's something they might consider, or at least maybe add an alternate logo similar

http://shop.neweracap.com/search/cities/Style_59Fifty-New-Era-Cities-10

Go A's!

Those OKC caps have the logo for the Oklahoma City Redhawks. It's a pretty nice logo, but when it was introduced everybody pointed out the unfortunate reading of "COK" rather than "OKC" as it was intended.

vwa1eed8gl4nfe5qf3a3owd29.gif

I didn't see COK until you mentioned it. I guess it's hard when the C is emphasized over the OK

Go A's!

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBhMaHR0cDovL2Rpc3RpbGxlcnlpbWFnZTcuaW5zdGFncmFtLmNvbS9lMDQ3Y2E0YWY4NDExMWUxOGRjMDIyMDAwYTFlYTAzOV83LmpwZxQCFgASAA&s=sNHLW4R00Rbe-LtactgMvIV99TWg6F4TnsvKOZJ53sY

the orange looks like hot trash, but i think its the instagram filter - also, orange on #'s and in wordmark look different - DOLAN CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT

blue waistband is jarring with all the orange of the uniform

arm holes look fine

font is BAAAD

totally agree on all these points...blech!

Unimpressed. In fact, the uniforms looked better with BFBS. Nice job of failing again, Dolan!

That's the thing. The Knicks' previous uniform design was actually pretty nice, it's just that a lot of people felt having black in the color scheme was unnecessary. So rather than fix the problem by eliminating the unnecessary color, the Knicks replace it with a different, but equally unnecessary one in gray, while also stripping down the design too much, and fixing what didn't need fixing (wordmark, arm holes, waistband, ditching the subway token). Add in the new three-color numbers, which become cramped four-layer garbage because of the Rev30 construction, and you've got something designed to dissatify lovers of the old and those desiring something new alike.

In that sense, this is the perfect uniform for the New York Knicks. 10/10

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Whoever said that they look like knock-offs of themselves was right. I do not understand the solid-color waistband at all. It is visually jarring when compared to the rest of the trim. I don't think the Celtics comparison applies at all since they're only working with the same two colors everywhere in the uniform.

I have to think that this is the result of a "committee" and not a design team. If it's the latter, I would love to hear the explanation behind this. Gray could have been used to really add something to these uniforms, instead it's used so sparingly that it almost looks like a mistake. The new wordmark is (as someone said) different enough to be noticeable, but not different enough to look intentional, so basically like a knock-off. The waistband simply doesn't go with anything else, and the use of that logo on the shorts is weak (though I guess that's just my own preference for the Knick-ball.)

I don't understand how anyone can say that they like how they added "modern touches" to this uniform. If you're going to modernize it, you can't keep those number fonts and the other uber-traditional elements. The mixing clashes, kinda like (but not as bad as) the Sixers going with modern side gussets and collar with their single-color-block everything else.

When new uniforms come out, I usually am able to put aside my personal tastes and preferences and can rationalize most of the design decisions, but I can't do it (at least yet) with these. I just don't get it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the orange waistband on the blue uniform, but the blue waistband on the white uniform just looks out of place. On the road, it does a good job to break up the all blue uniform, especially since there aren't any side stripes. But with the numbers and wordmark being orange on the white jersey, having a blue waistband just looks out of place. I'm not sure if an orange one would have looked any better though. Just keeping it white may have been the best option. The rest of the uniform isn't bad on it's own, but compared to what they could have done it's just disappointing. Even going with the straight throwback would have been better. I get it that they wanted to do some tweaks to it so that it's a "modern" uniform, but they picked the wrong things to tweak and it ends up hurting the uniform.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Overall, not TERRIBLE.... the jerseys are definitely carrying the whole uniform, though, as the shorts are very plain and boring. I'm also disappointed that they still won't use the team name at home: they aren't the New York New York, they're the New York Knicks.

Generally I agree with the "Home Name Road City" set up, but the Knicks make the city name on the home uniform work. Not only is it part of their aesthetic tradition, but with the Nets choosing to emphasize Brooklyn the Knicks have a chance to market themselves as the team for the rest of the city.

But yet their (laughable) new slogan is "Once a Knick, Always a Knick". Makes no sense to emphasize the team name in your marketing but emphasize the city name on the court.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived