New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

If the gunmetal gray rumor is true, I wonder if they will have them for pants only, and possibly ditch the brown pants. Brown-Orange-White jerseys and Orange-Gunmetal-White pants.

Is it a foregone conclusion that the gunmetal gray will be used as a jersey and/or pant color as part of this set? When I heard about, I assumed it would be an accent color or a numeral color - utilized like the silver (gray?) in the Pro Bowl uniforms below...

B8YjfaiCcAIC0j3.jpg

BTW, its just my opinion, but I would be okay with the uniforms above as the new set, including a full-color helmet logo on the sleeves in place of stripes...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a plain jersey with the sleeve stripes extended onto the front is considered "modern" ? I guess "CLEVELAND" was added because with these crazy new jerseys and the radically changed helmet, some people might not recognize them anymore.

So a plain jersey with the sleeve stripes extended onto the front is considered "modern" ? I guess "CLEVELAND" was added because with these crazy new jerseys and the radically changed helmet, some people might not recognize them anymore.

Ha, now people get mad because they didn't go too crazy. If these are the real jerseys, kudos to the Browns and Nike for keeping it simple.

I'm starting to think that grey being a part of the scheme is extremely unlikely. From everything we've seen, grey isn't a part of the color scheme whatsoever. It doesn't make much sense to have a helmet with absolutely no grey, a jersey with absolutely no grey, and then grey pants... If they were to do it, it'd look terrible.

If they follow common sense, wouldn't they not be allowed to use grey in the alternate because it isn't a color on the primary uniforms? I feel like the NFL wouldn't allow a color to be in the "color scheme" but not used on anything but an alternate.

Also, as someone said before, the Vikings were guaranteed to have grey as a part of their uniform, and that didn't happen.

Of course, this is all based on common sense, so knowing the Browns, they'll wear random grey pants.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Am I the only one who's ticked off by the over abundance of orange in this redesign? They're the Cleveland Browns , not the Cleveland Oranges!

They aren't named after the color, they are named after Paul Brown

Yet they have a long history of wearing brown as their primary color. To suddenly decide that they're an orange-first team now would be dumb regardless.
At least somebody understands what I was saying

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Am I the only one who's ticked off by the over abundance of orange in this redesign? They're the Cleveland Browns , not the Cleveland Oranges!

Stop posting.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'm starting to think that grey being a part of the scheme is extremely unlikely. From everything we've seen, grey isn't a part of the color scheme whatsoever. It doesn't make much sense to have a helmet with absolutely no grey, a jersey with absolutely no grey, and then grey pants... If they were to do it, it'd look terrible.

If they follow common sense, wouldn't they not be allowed to use grey in the alternate because it isn't a color on the primary uniforms? I feel like the NFL wouldn't allow a color to be in the "color scheme" but not used on anything but an alternate.

Also, as someone said before, the Vikings were guaranteed to have grey as a part of their uniform, and that didn't happen.

Of course, this is all based on common sense, so knowing the Browns, they'll wear random grey pants.

Well, the main proponent on this board of the idea that gray was a part of this redesign was WinTheDay8, who was later revealed to be a dupe account of SoundOfThrowingPennies, who was (you guessed it) the main proponent on this board of the idea that gray was a part of the Vikings' redesign. So, there you go.

That guy never heard a reddit rumor he didn't love.

#fire

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

They aren't named after the color, they are named after Paul Brown

Yet they have a long history of wearing brown as their primary color. To suddenly decide that they're an orange-first team now would be dumb regardless.
At least somebody understands what I was saying

Yes, the whole "They're named after Paul Brown!!1!" thing has become a meme at this point on this board. Yes, fools, we realize that. But the word "brown" is still a color, and it would be dumb for a team called the Browns to *not* prominently feature brown (i.e. orange helmets with primary orange jerseys). If someone made a concept of the St. Louis Blues in green and orange, it would get trashed equally. Take into account the fact that the Browns have worn brown jerseys for their entire history (when they weren't wearing white at home), and it's even more silly to picture a rebrand which makes them an orange-first team.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Well, the main proponent on this board of the idea that gray was a part of this redesign was WinTheDay8, who was later revealed to be a dupe account of SoundOfThrowingPennies, who was (you guessed it) the main proponent on this board of the idea that gray was a part of the Vikings' redesign. So, there you go.

That guy never heard a reddit rumor he didn't love.

There was (IIRC) a Cleveland area reporter that seemed to have good info on the logo "change" on Twitter. Then, after the logo reveal, he said that gunmetal gray was going to be added to the uniforms.

Ha, now people get mad because they didn't go too crazy. If these are the real jerseys, kudos to the Browns and Nike for keeping it simple.

Not mad, just saying that after the joke of a logo change they said the uniforms were going to be a lot more modern. I'm not seeing that in these jerseys. I never thought the uniforms needed to be changed, so if this is the actual jersey then I'm fine with it. But to call it modern is a bit of a stretch.

Awesome update on the jerseys. That top-shadow on the numbers is subtle and goes well with the overall look, too. Not too tacky like the giant drop-shadows of the 90's. I'm not so sure about those stripes, but I'll reserve judgement for the actual reveal date. I like what we've seen so far, though.

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

CBwyFuNUEAAUGSu.jpg

Just saw this pic. If that's what they're going to use, I'll be overjoyed.

Notice the gray on the collar seam (?) beneath the "DAWG POUND" script. That might be the gunmetal gray being added to the Browns' color scheme that we're talking about.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

CBwyFuNUEAAUGSu.jpg

Just saw this pic. If that's what they're going to use, I'll be overjoyed.

Notice the gray on the collar seam (?) beneath the "DAWG POUND" script. That might be the gunmetal gray being added to the Browns' color scheme that we're talking about.

and the gray on the jock tag too

Archived