New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

They did unveil an elf mascot last year, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was used more in the future. I like the idea of the elf myself, I just wish they'd give him a tasteful update.

As for the dog logo? I'm with oldschoolvikings. If Nike were tasked with creating a new logo for the Browns they wouldn't just slap some goofy cartoon teeth on a preexisting logo. It's either a logo Nike made for the Browns specifically for in-house strength and conditioning or it's a logo that was done entirely in-house and the swoosh was just put on the shirt for contractual obligations.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'd love to see the Elf return as the primary logo. It's a unique mascot and the brown and white stripes on his sleeves could make for a unique design as well. Then again, unique isn't always great...

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I believe it's been confirmed that the bulldog logo won't be found in the new identity. I believe they franchise and Nike are haggling over whether the helmet or elf will be the new primary. I believe the main issue is what logo will be appearing on the sleeves and pants of the uniform. Not necessarily the media logo.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

At least TheSoundofPennies actually posts pictures of possibilities. Yeah, it's extremely unlikely that the dog logo with teeth will be there new logo. But hey, at least it's something constructive to the conversation. It's better than "I think the Eagles will be changing to Kelly green because I like those more" kind of conversations on here. Leave the guy alone about the reddit thing.

Anyway, I think this may be a sign that the dog will be used as imagery in next years modernization. Maybe an updated version on the sleeves. It wouldn't be nearly as bad as the "Bucs" logo wordmark on the Buccaneers new jerseys.

Ignoring the teenage-girl-drama, has anyone mentioned his hat has the elf logo? Obviously not new but does it show a pissible direction?

That Elf hat was from the 2012 season. I own one. Fitted New Era.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

The Browns should use the elf logo more for marketing. If they don't wish to do that, then they should use the football with a 'C' instead of a 'B'.

Wrong. The football logo should not be used anywhere, ever. As I said before, its a generic, bolt on, clip art logo.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The Browns should use the elf logo more for marketing. If they don't wish to do that, then they should use the football with a 'C' instead of a 'B'.

Wrong. The football logo should not be used anywhere, ever. As I said before, its a generic, bolt on, clip art logo.

So are greenbays and the bears and a few others, the football logo is great for them

And their current helmet logo isn't?

yeah it is generic but not clip art at all I think it fits the identity well enough to be & should be the primary instead of the helmet which just looks stupid compared to the other logos in the NFL.

if you want your team to look like a joke you make the primary the elf.

So are greenbays and the bears and a few others, the football logo is great for them

Well, the difference is that the Packers and Bears logos carry a ton of history with them. I don't think either would work if they were designed this century... no one would buy it as worthy of an NFL type brand.

To me, the B-in-ball logo looks like a somewhat lazy attempt to create a faux-classic. Its by no means horrible (better than a line drawing of a plain helmet, for instance), but it would be sad to think that's the best professional designers can come up with.

For the record, I love the elf. Its that "everything must be serious to be good" attitude that cost us a dolphin wearing a football helmet. Lighten up, Francis.

Well, the difference is that the Packers and Bears logos carry a ton of history with them. I don't think either would work if they were designed this century... no one would buy it as worthy of an NFL type brand.

To me, the B-in-ball logo looks like a somewhat lazy attempt to create a faux-classic. Its by no means horrible (better than a line drawing of a plain helmet, for instance), but it would be sad to think that's the best professional designers can come up with.

For the record, I love the elf. Its that "everything must be serious to be good" attitude that cost us a dolphin wearing a football helmet. Lighten up, Francis.

If you team was named the Cleveland Elves would have no problem with using as a primary I would have a problem with the name though.

I think the B logo could be tweaked but is a solid primary for a team like the Browns but it does not matter because Nike & the Browns are probably going to really mess it up.

Its kinda of like a lot of my fellow Vols fans saying they did not want Cuonzo Martin here well now he is not & we have Donnie Tyndall instead.

Be careful what you ask for Cleveland fans you may just get it.

http://www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com/page/Brownie

"A Brownie/brounie or urisk (Lowland Scots) or brùnaidh, ùruisg, or gruagach (Scottish Gaelic) is a legendary creature popular in folklore around Scotland and England (especially the north, though more commonly hobs have this role). It is the Scottish and Northern English counterpart of the Scandinavian tomte, the Slavic domovoi and the German Heinzelmännchen.

In folklore, a brownie resembles the hob, similar to a hobgoblin. Brownies are said to inhabit houses and aid in tasks around the house. However, they do not like to be seen and will only work at night, traditionally in exchange for small gifts of food. Among food, they especially enjoy porridge and honey. They usually abandon the house if their gifts are called payments, or if the owners of the house misuse them. Brownies make their homes in an unused part of the house."

Goblin.jpg

So, significantly cooler than an elf. Maybe they should put him in a kilt?

Have you seen what the baseball team in the same city tries to pass off as a logo?

I feel like every logo since the beginning of time has been called a clip-art logo at some point on these boards...

I feel like every logo since the beginning of time has been called a clip-art logo at some point on these boards...

But it is a clip art logo. Back when the Bears and Packers created their monogram logos, they were clean, they were strong. They were at a time before Inkscape, Illustrator, Photoshop... when logos like that were more prevalent.

Quality, clean, logos can now be created with more accuracy and more precision, faster than ever before. To have a basic, uninspired, boring logo like the =B= logo is, in this era... then its just clip art. Its bolt on. Its basic shapes, with a basic font.

But it is a clip art logo. Back when the Bears and Packers created their monogram logos, they were clean, they were strong. They were at a time before Inkscape, Illustrator, Photoshop... when logos like that were more prevalent.

Quality, clean, logos can now be created with more accuracy and more precision, faster than ever before. To have a basic, uninspired, boring logo like the =B= logo is, in this era... then its just clip art. Its bolt on. Its basic shapes, with a basic font.

Just because it is simple doesnt make it clip art. And for a team like Cleveland what is a classic simple team a simple logo like that works

I can't remember which poster created the running elf logo carrying a football, but I think it's fantastic and if I were in charge of the Browns that would be the primary logo.

Can some dig that up?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived