All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Isn't half your team gonna be free agents at the end of this season? Seems like this season might be your one big shot. You've solved the scoring and goaltending, this is probably the strongest iteration of these Hurricanes yet. It's gonna be a tough series.
  3. Apparently, the beekeeper who took care of the problem got a standing ovation from the crowd, even "MVP" chants. I can't find a video of it that can be implemented here, but it's one of those baseball moments that I just love to see. EDIT: I found one... And they even let him throw a ceremonial pitch!
  4. After a few weeks without many incidents, the forums are back to their constant "400 Bad Request" state Every so often, the forums give me a slight open window to browse and post stuff before randomly shutting down to an error state. I love all the content that's posted on here, but it's so frustrating just how unusable these forums are with all the ads and constant error messages.
  5. I thought Bobcats was kinda fun while still sounding like a proper pro sports team name. I suppose it is a tad generic, but it works really well for Utah. And if it comes to be, the "Jazz-Bobcats-Hornets name trade" folks will have their first moral victory since the Hornets came back.
  6. Today
  7. The Mariners have had that problem long before the new Nike template, they've used the "dark" navy for their caps and the "light" navy for their jerseys. Other teams that use navy, like the Rays, Brewers, Guardians, and Red Sox, have always matched their caps and jersey to either the light or dark navy. The Twins used to have the same problem as the Mariners, but they fixed it with their rebrand. I'm pretty sure the Braves had always used the darker navy, but for some reason went to the lighter navy for the jersey with the new Nike template. It's a bit tough to compare to the hat since the Spring Training hat was red, but the new navy jersey does appear to be a bit lighter. Of course, lighting is always a factor, though. The Twins still have their darker navy jersey, though, on the new Nike template, so I'm not sure why Atlanta felt the need to change theirs.
  8. Yeah I found the FAQ. 100 posts. That's a lot especially considering I'm coming here looking to commission someone. Thank you!
  9. It'll never get better than that.
  10. Milwaukee Bucks The Bucks uniform transfers pretty well over to baseball uniform with the side panels of their jersey getting a similar treatment to the Astros uniforms. The home and away are white and gray respectively with the icon uniform becoming the first alt and their statement becoming the second alt. For the City Connect I went with their City Edition from 2019-20. I really liked the Cream City moniker and the cream uniform to go with it.
  11. No that's pretty bang on. The 5280s seem incredibly gimmicky. I equate it to something like the Giants putting 'subtle' apples all over the uniform because some people refer to New York as the 'Big Apple'.
  12. Looks like these are going to be the logos for the 2024 Grey Cup Festival logo is pretty generic, though there's nothing wrong with it. The actual Grey Cup logo looks like they took the template from last year's game in Hamilton and just removed the skyline in favour of that orange pattern. I'm still trying to figure out what the shape is supposed to be,
  13. Best of luck to your Rangers. I have a feeling they will win this series in 6, but if there is a year for the Hurricanes to take that next big step and be a true title contender it is this year.
  14. Thing is, the Houston Oilers became the Tennessee Titans, despite the move it's considered the same franchise (they wore AFL throwbacks in 2009). If the Titans shouldn't wear Oiler unis, then who should?
  15. Happy to see another state (in this case provincial) soccer league! You've got some really good stuff so far! I particularly like the Reds kits and the West End home A few suggestions, though! For the Reds away kit, I think making the sponsor outline cream instead of red would enhance the visibility of it. I also think that the Transcona home would benefit from thinner vertical white lines, and I suggest adding a red stripe in between the white stripes and the horizontal "rail" stripes. Awesome start, and I'm excited to see the rest of it!
  16. Seriously, it's baffling. "Utah Yeti it's almost a rhyme hehehehehehe." What are you people, kindergartners?
  17. I haven't seen any "iconic" or non "bush/minor league" names suggested by the people dumping on the rumored options either
  18. Good point. I had initially designed these about a month or two before that uproar happened, so I wasn't aware of what the implications could be at the time. Thanks for pointing it out! Noted. Here's an update with a cleaner typeface option. Let me know how this looks.
  19. TEAM #3 - TEXAS MOCKINGBIRDS Now we have our first solely-digitzed team. Safe to say you're in for a treat. BACKSTORY + WHAT CHANGES? I should go on ahead and say that this wasn't an actual relocation plan, but a team added on to complete the trifecta of NFC East teams relocating to Dallas (Commanders and Giants to come later). Say the Eagles don't immediately get back on their feet after the Steagles merger, but rather fall off even worse. Things get so bad that the team would be forced to pack their bags and move to Dallas to play in the Cotton Bowl (this is common with the early teams) in either 1953 (year after the Texans fold) or 1959 (year before Cowboys come in). Now what changes? Like with the FW Bulls, this team would co-exist with the Dallas Cowboys. After moving out of the Cotton Bowl the 60s, they move to Fort Worth to play at AGC (Amon G. Carter) then move into their own stadium in the 90s. However, the 90s stadium move would be to Arlington instead, which leaves the Cowboys to still play in Dallas in this universe. Most of the same things that happen to the Bulls happen to the Mockingbirds, except this time Philly gets the Eagles back in 1956/66 (depending on whether the Dallas move happens in '53 or '59). With that, on the logos and uniforms for the Mockingbirds. LOGO SHEET I took a couple pages out of the current bird teams' logos for this logo sheet and the uniforms. The Ravens inspire the primary, except the letter is moved outside of the the birdhead. The wordmark is more inspired by the Eagles wordmark from 1996 until 2021 (why they got rid of it I'll never know) with the wings on the sides of the letters. This comes in two ways as shown. The secondary was an original creation, but continuing a monogram theme with the teams. I didn't do a Texas logo for this team because I don't want to do that for every single team I do. That would have made for some unneeded redundancy. HOME UNIFORM This one had several twists to it that you probably didn't expect. The biggest one is most likely the dropshadow numbers on the front. This slightly references the Eagles current uniforms, which have as similar dropshadow-looking feature. I copied that over, but instead made it a different color. Tell me if you like the idea or not. NOB: Norm Van Brocklin. This man really threw for 554 yards in a game in 1960. That's insane. Funnily enough he played for the Rams (who were the Bulls concept) before the Eagles. AWAY UNIFORM This uniform was probably way this concept took so long to finish. I wanted to do yellow as the road and then red as the alternate. However, I though over the concept of the alt being yellow (really gold) and though that Goldeneye didn't seem too bad for an alt uni name, so I went with it. As a result, the road becomes red. Collar and thick stripe become charcoal, text changes to white, and dropshadow changes to gold. NOB: Chuck Bednarik. You might know him from this hit on Frank Gifford. My guy was the 50's version of those hardhitting defenders ever so associated with the 2000s. ALT UNIFORM (GOLDENEYE) This is probably one of very few times you'll see a unitard for a football team I do. It felt more right to do it that way since the name of the alt is GOLDENeye. Pants stripe is the same as the away uni, only change there is the pants are now yellow. Dropshadow and overall color are flipped from the road, although the sleeves and collar are charcoal instead of gold so it wasn't just a gold mess like THOSE Jags color rush unis. FAUXBACK UNI (1950s EAGLES) Now that I mentioned that Bednarik hit, the fauxback (yes fauxback) references the Eagles of the 1950s. Differences are: Star in the wing to represent Texas, which is charcoal. Gray dropshadows have been added Two pant stripes instead of none. Gray and Kelly green are the stripe colors. NOB: Sonny Jurgensen. He's more known for his time with the now-Commanders, who'll be the focus for Team #6. He did almost win MVP in 1961 with the Eagles though. That is all for this post. C+C, as always, is appreciated. Onto the 45ers!
  20. Many college teams don’t really wear long socks. Wish Iowa State also had a yellow alt helmet. The black and white set still looks like garbage. West Virginia needs to go back to glossy helmets.
  21. BRING BACK THE TORNADO CARDINAL YOU COWARDS
  22. We stay in Omaha for this one and imagine a world where not only where Sporting KC changes their name back to the Kansas City Wizards, but their minor league affiliate; Sporting KC moves to Omaha, Nebraska and becomes the Omaha Gnomes. BRANDING The logo for the Gnomes is obviously based off a garden gnome, a very dwarfish wizard, they share the navy and powder blue color scheme with the Wizards and the font Kelmscott is reused here. The Gnomes would likely have to share a home field with the Omaha Storm Chasers of Minor League Baseball at Werner Park, as Omaha doesn't have a dedicated soccer stadium at the moment. The Gnomes would compete in the MLS Next Pro, MLS' Triple-A circuit. EXTRA SCRIPTS AND INSIGNIAS Here are the extra scripts and insignias I put together for the Omaha Gnomes, there's not as many insignia logos with there only being one letter. UNIFORMS The Gnomes' uniforms here are very similar to the parent club, albeit with a different jersey sponsor; The First National Bank of Omaha.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.