2011 NFL sideline caps

slats7

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Riddle me ignorant but what is the status of the NFL's contract with reebok? It sounds like from you guys that it is up after this year but what's next?

Nike and New Era will taking over in 2012.

The 2011 draft hats and sideline hats might the worst yet. Looks like I'll be buying another Mitchell and Ness throwback this season.

Broncos-Sig-2.gif

It's a harder job than it looks. 1. The NFL won't let you make the same (or similar) caps each year, so there's constant reinventing of the wheel/fixing what isn't broken. 2. The NFL generally sees the cap customer as decidedly progressive, which automatically puts the designer in a hole, in my opinion. 3. I don't mind this cap. I like stripes. Something you don't normally see on a cap. 4. No reason to call out the designer for being a novice. If you knew how many meetings and revisions these designs went through, you'd pull your hair out. When you design licensed apparel, you often grow to hate your own work because the final product is always miles away from your original idea.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It's a harder job than it looks. 1. The NFL won't let you make the same (or similar) caps each year, so there constant reinventing of the wheel/fixing what isn't broken. 2. The NFL generally sees the cap customer as decidedly progressive, which automatically puts the designer in a hole, in my opinion. 3. I don't mind this cap. I like stripes. Something you don't normally see on a cap. 4. No reason to call out the designer for being a novice. If you knew how many meetings and revisions these designs went through, you'd pull your hair out. When you design licensed apparel, you often grow to hate your own work because the final product is always miles away from your original idea.

Who cares? The "Star Wars" prequels no doubt took a lot of "hard work" and were directed by "non-novice" George Lucas. Doesn't change the fact that they sucked.

Archived