2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Hey, yeah, pair the black pants and helmets with the blue jerseys and socks.

Add in black gloves, and I think that might be the winner.

Someone with Photoshop skills. Help out!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, I've been a proponent of the Lightnings using electric yellow as an accent colour for years. Keep the royal blue, add more black (!), and accent with highlighter yellow. Boom.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I think this is sarcasm but i'll say it anyway, without black in the jersey or socks it wouldn't look right. No one should need photoshop to figure that out, but i'll give it a shot anyway.

TBL_ThirdJersey_Alt_zps03fcb76c.jpg 20110910_Stamkos%20Third%20Jersey-28_sli

This is better IMO it's still not great by any means, but at least it has better balance.

Take the BOLTS, throw it in the trash, set it on fire, throw the flaming trash can out the window, and run it over with a truck........and then put the home primary logo on crest, and I can live with this.

SigReflect.png

I think adding the black actually draws more attention to the blue.

7Gm7YdC.jpg

This would be a very respectable look. Maybe just add a bit of black to the collar for uniformity.

Make the Florida/oval silver and the do the same to the second number outlines and BAM! All the original colors are back.

That would look fantastic. They'd have a great look that honoured the cup victory. As for the the blue bleeding into the black on the white version, just add a thin white outline. Problem solved.

After a full year, there's no getting used to it. The Hurricanes home jersey still looks completely wrong. From the photos I can see on their website, more fans are wearing warning flag jerseys in place of the new ones.

TBL_ThirdJersey_Alt_zps03fcb76c.jpg 20110910_Stamkos%20Third%20Jersey-28_sli

This is better IMO it's still not great by any means, but at least it has better balance.

Take the BOLTS, throw it in the trash, set it on fire, throw the flaming trash can out the window, and run it over with a truck........and then put the home primary logo on crest, and I can live with this.

Take those changes, put a lightning bolt in for the crest, and put some black on the shoulder patch... it becomes a nice third all of a sudden.

thought ya'll might get a kick out of this from tonight's preseason finale...

By0sIeECUAALAP2.jpg

Sigh...

I guess it's no worse than NHL Network's(!) butchering of the logo, at every opportunity, for the past couple years.

Am I missing something? I don't see a butchered logo in this picture.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

By0sIeECUAALAP2.jpg

Sigh...

I guess it's no worse than NHL Network's(!) butchering of the logo, at every opportunity, for the past couple years.

I know it's confusing, but the guy is actually wearing a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey, not a Tampa Bay Lightning jersey. That's probably why it doesn't look authentic.

By0sIeECUAALAP2.jpg

What's that shaded version of the Lightning logo up on the scoreboard? I think the Stars just improved the Lightning's logo for them.

By0sIeECUAALAP2.jpg

What's that shaded version of the Lightning logo up on the scoreboard? I think the Stars just improved the Lightning's logo for them.

Like that's difficult ;)

Made this a couple months ago. I still think this would work as a suitable primary:

Image2-86.png

Personally, this is the best one I've seen yet.

So my dad has been paying more attention to jerseys and logos in the past couple years because of me, so he just texted me saying that he noticed the Red Wings changed their namebars...

Hey, it's a rookie mistake that we've all probably made. Glad he's paying attention.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

It'so funny how Tampa Bay's old uniforms would probably be labeled as Black-For-Black's-Sake (or BFBS) by us nowadays, had it not been been for the Stanley Cup win in 2004 and the awful generic mess that is their current uniforms.

Uh, no. You're using the term BFBS incorrectly. BFBS is when a team adds black to their color scheme for no good reason.

The Lightning started out wearing black as their primary color. Ergo, they cannot possibly be BFBS.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

By0sIeECUAALAP2.jpg

Sigh...

um it's pointing out what we've all been saying....that Tampa's uni's look too similar to other blue/white teams......(totally over some of your guys heads)

By0sIeECUAALAP2.jpg

Sigh...

Apparently, I missed the joke, because ALL I see is a shaded logo on the right side of the scoreboard.

My reference was to NHL Network's failure to make a one-color logo visible in their graphics package. 90% of the time, they're putting the blue bolt on a black background or the white bolt on a white background. It's unbelievable, really, when you notice it.

SigReflect.png

Archived