College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish the UW huskies would retire those gold chrome helmets. Why wear it, when they have such a beautiful gold helmet already with decades of positive history? The gold is fantastic , the frosty white is tolerable, but the chrome and black helms need to go. Could maybe go for an alternate purple one though.

Completely agree about the chrome helmet. The satin gold switch last year looks fantastic. If they were to keep the white and black I'd be fine with each being matte but with the traditional striping, and ditch the frost texture. I also agree that a purple alt with satin gold facemask would be amazing.

I could also go for a pair of anthracite pants with purple and gold accents. I was wearing the purple jersey with grey shorts today and really liked the look. Not better than the traditional gold pants (which need stripes, please) but could be a good use of a non-school color to help stay "cool" with recruits.

I'd agree on the frost texture, but no to those :censored:purple helmets. The gold looks better with the satin finish, I'd agree. But couldn't we go back to: Gold-purple-gold on five home games, gold/white/purple on five road games, and reserve the alternates for those last two games? They only used gold/purple/gold twice last year - and zero times against a conference opponent. And they've also tried using black against traditional rivals such as Oregon, Oregon State, and Washington State. Isn't that horrible? The new uniforms are awful, but the least the Huskies could do is limit the use of black, white, and chrome.

EDIT: Just realize that in the three home games they've had against those three teams above, they've only used black. Hopefully that ends this year with home games against Oregon and WSU.

100% on board with how bad the purple helmets were and don't need to come back. What I'd like to see is a one similar to what the Vikings use but with a satin gold facemask featuring the traditional stripes. I also wish they would ditch the black on the home jersey sleeves and TV numbers, it ruins what could be an otherwise solid jersey. Keep black exclusively for the alternate like it used to be. The white is by far my favorite jersey and think below might be their best look in the current uniforms.

I too wish the traditional looks were used against the local rivals but it always seems to be some hodge-podge combo or alternate as of late. You can mix and match when you play the early season games like Eastern Washington or Sac States. The program has had some rough years (they won 6 games in my 4 years there) but UW really does have a rich history and a classic look over the years and wish they stuck with it more than they currently do.

vikeshelmet2_zpskrhvrtlz.jpg

huskieshelmet2_zpsccq2s8d5.jpg

SEAsig.png

For a UW Husky purple helmet, I would go for one less like Jim Lambright era helmets and have one like Oregon's Rose Bowl helmet last year, just in Purple and gold. I'd love a classic purple jersey, gold pants with classic stripes look for at least a few games a year (and maybe a Rose Bowl someday). Look back to Sarkisan's first game with the UW when they gave LSU a great game at Seattle. The next year they screwed that jersey up, and we can't seem to go back.

We can get funky for the other 9-10 games. But without the chrome, please.

And as much as I loved Oregon's Rose Bowl uni last year, why not a shiny Mallard duck dark green helmet with the classic yellow "O"?

I did a quick mock-up for Ole Miss.

olemiss1.png

This is what bothers me about Mississippi. If you only saw the jerseys you'd never know that blue was part of their color set. If they had gone with this instead of sleeve stripes when Nike took over I think this would have been accepted much more easily. I liked the powder blue helmets but the clash with the navy blue doesn't help because there's no powder blue anywhere else.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm really surprised many of you don't like it. It's the type of anomaly and story that we love here. The team had a navy stripe when they originally wore the robin egg/ powder blue lids. It's the unique thing that sets Ole Miss a part. I'm a big fan of it, whether or not it matches the rest of the uniform.

(Best photo I could find in a quick search)

9435572-large.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't those helmets simply the stock royal blue that was commonly available at the time? I think it's the same color as the old broncos.

I'm really surprised many of you don't like it. It's the type of anomaly and story that we love here. The team had a navy stripe when they originally wore the robin egg/ powder blue lids. It's the unique thing that sets Ole Miss a part. I'm a big fan of it, whether or not it matches the rest of the uniform.

(Best photo I could find in a quick search)

9435572-large.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't those helmets simply the stock royal blue that was commonly available at the time? I think it's the same color as the old broncos.

You are correct. Royal blue teams had to choose powder blue or navy helmets. For some reason they weren't able to produce royal blue helmets.

Cincinnati finally added their conference patch, but my gosh, it's the worst placement possible.

CPSZE9PWcAAoCiT.jpg

I think it's a function of the way Under Armour places logos on their new template. Auburn has the same problem:

1922025_976534109064284_912240661_n.jpg

I'm not sure why more Under Armour schools don't request the template that Under Armour provides for Towson:

6_3839105.jpg

8071338.jpg

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

olemiss1.png

This is what bothers me about Mississippi. If you only saw the jerseys you'd never know that blue was part of their color set. If they had gone with this instead of sleeve stripes when Nike took over I think this would have been accepted much more easily. I liked the powder blue helmets but the clash with the navy blue doesn't help because there's no powder blue anywhere else.

Ole Miss is the one football team I'm willing to give a pass on mismatching stripes/design elements. The helmet, jersey, and pants individually come together so well for me. And I don't think they should adopt the robin's egg helmets full-time. It's a quirky throwback, something cool for special games.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

That look is beautiful. By far their best right now.

Easily agreed. Don't get to see Pacific Ten games being on the East coast but that's up there with SoCal, Stanford and Colorado for my money.

And purple is so underrated. All the BCS teams that wear it are above grade - K-State and La.State prominently.

olemiss1.png

Ole Miss is the one football team I'm willing to give a pass on mismatching stripes/design elements. The helmet, jersey, and pants individually come together so well for me. And I don't think they should adopt the robin's egg helmets full-time. It's a quirky throwback, something cool for special games.

Agreed. Part of the appeal comes from the one-off value. Oles Miss should keep it that way cause its spectacular.

Easily agreed. Don't get to see Pacific Ten games being on the East coast but that's up there with SoCal, Stanford and Colorado for my money.

And purple is so underrated. All the BCS teams that wear it are above grade - K-State and La.State prominently.

I was just thinking about this yesterday. So true.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Maybe it's just the lighting, but these uniforms don't look nearly as bad as I thought they would...

(I could still do without the pattern, though)

11222013_10206185671454531_5202756070998

12049268_10206185671294527_4490675931774

The white pants help immensely.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Easily agreed. Don't get to see Pacific Twelve games being on the East coast but that's up there with SoCal, Stanford and Colorado for my money.

Fixed ;) And I'm pretty sure you should get most of the Pac-12 games same as I get a lot of SEC and ACC games.

I'd have to agree there though. The Huskies are probably the worst of the purple-users, maybe a little better than TCU. At least black is one of TCU's colors.

Archived