2015 MLB Season Thread with Postseason Discussion

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I may have figured out the Back to the Future 2 dilemma...

Perhaps Miami was actually alluding to Marlins Man's attendance.

He's actually a gator in disguise...

He's a Florida State fan, so he's more like a Seminole in disguise.

I saw, I came, I left.

I like how the Hilljack Shaman's epic sacrifice of the Rams' joss, which cost them a game in which :censored: ing Aaron Rodgers of all people committed three turnovers, is still going to result in this team crashing out in the NLDS.

#NextYearInLosAngeles

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I really think the Mets may be in a much better position than people are giving them. Three games into this, I think they're my "post-picks favorite".

Even though Harvey gave up three early, he was pretty solid from that point on and gritted some good stuff out. Never though the offense won that game, him turning things around on the mound was very key. deGrom was a monster in Game 1, and Syndergaard pitched very well too in Game 2. They really have the best 1-2-3 in the playoffs, I think. When all three have thier best stuff going, that's going to be very hard to get over. There's just not really a "break", so to say, in that rotation.

It shouldn't be forgotten either that Cespedes' bat has woken up, and the overall offense was firing on all cylinders last night. If Cespedes keeps cranking and the rest keep getting timely hits like they did last night (Granderson especially comes to mind), it'll be hard for me to count them out.

Now granted, there's that whole "what about vs. Kershaw/Greinke/Arrieta/etc." Both game 1 and 2 showed that they can get to pitchers of that caliber and scrape enough out to get a lead. The pitching of course has to hold up late; but if it does, the Mets can get past those hurdles.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

rVm859Q.jpg

Murphy was clearly out of the baseline but at least the slide was a normal slide. And here's the Wright slide:

2013-06-21_David_Wright_sldies_into_Chas

If you think it was as dangerous at Utley's tackle, I'd have to disagree. For one thing, Wright started his slide before making contact with Utley, unlike Utley did with Tejada.

TBS.gif

And it was probably in retaliation for borderline/late slides like this that Utley has done over the years where he shows absolutely no interest in touching the bag.

utley.gif?w=1000

Anf of course, the slide/no-call cost the Mets a playoff game. Had the umpires made the correct and obvious call, this is not as big of an issue. Or had this been a regular season game, they would just plunk Utley next time or slide hard into second and we'd move on.

Archived