2015 MLB Season Thread with Postseason Discussion

Gary

I think a lot of people thought the Cubs were the team to beat after beating the Cards, but I think a lot of people don't realize that the Cards were not exactly a healthy or consistent team for most of the second half of the season. Their 100 wins was more the product of a really strong first half more so than consistently being "the best team in baseball." Thus, I think the Cubs got out of the NLDS looking a bit stronger than they really were.

Strong irst half? The Cubs and Mets were the hottest teams in the second half of the season along with the Blue Jays.

These both caught fire in August.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a lot of people thought the Cubs were the team to beat after beating the Cards, but I think a lot of people don't realize that the Cards were not exactly a healthy or consistent team for most of the second half of the season. Their 100 wins was more the product of a really strong first half more so than consistently being "the best team in baseball." Thus, I think the Cubs got out of the NLDS looking a bit stronger than they really were.

Strong irst half? The Cubs and Mets were the hottest teams in the second half of the season along with the Blue Jays.

These both caught fire in August.

Yes. The Cardinals started off the season quite well, racking up many wins, but then injuries and lack of consistency really hurt them down the stretch. Hence, their 100 wins made them look better than they really were, I think. Demonstrating that teams with good records aren't always the same as teams that do well in the playoffs. The Cubs beat a bad Cardinals team and then slowed down a lot against an equally hot Mets team.

Murphy is super-charged by the power of Jesus Christ, obviously.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

From Daniel Murphy's Wikipedia entry

Murphy is the first player in Major League Baseball history to hit a home run in six consecutive post season games. He is God. During the same postseason, he discovered a cure for cancer.

Murphy is also the first man to become a true legend in only 9 games. He is the master of destruction, specializing in demolishing baseballs in clutch situations. While the Yankees had Jeter, Murphy's "clutchyness" has made Jeter look like mere street garbage.

Congrats to the Mets.

Congratulations to Jason Hammel on your early retirement. No, Jason, I insist you retire. Go on. No no, here's your stuff. Just go on. Get out.

Get out.

Seriously.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I can't believe this... THE METS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!

I would've been happy with a wild card berth the start of this season. The makings of a great team were coming together, but I thought 2016 was when it would start to click. I would've never imagined topping the Nats for the NL East crown. Then taking down some of the best pitchers in the game. And I'd absolutely never have thought the Mets would be playing in the World Series. But it's happened. I freakin' love this Mets team

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I can't believe this... THE METS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!

I would've been happy with a wild card berth the start of this season. The makings of a great team were coming together, but I thought 2016 was when it would start to click. I would've never imagined topping the Nats for the NL East crown. Then taking down some of the best pitchers in the game. And I'd absolutely never have thought the Mets would be playing in the World Series. But it's happened. I freakin' love this Mets team

You just never know in baseball especially in the post Yankees domination. When the Giants won it in 2010 I couldn't believe it. This Mets team is fun. Congratulations by the way.

Congrats Mets fans, I hope my team meets yours and crushes all your dreams. I mean first they have to get by the Royaks but yknow... Wishful thinking.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The last time the Mets were in the World Series, I couldn't read. What a freakin' time to be alive, man. Though... it's kinda sad they had to crush the Cubs to do it, of all teams. Sorry, guys.

On another note, if Daniel Murphy were a Pokemon trainer, his team would consist of six Mega Rayquazas. That's it. How does he Mega Evolve them all at once? He's DANIEL GODDAMN MURPHY, that's how.

53Ocz8U.png

Archived