2015-16 College hoops

dgthree

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those look like Apex shorts

You mean Converse. Same era of the mid/late 90's. Converse had the tire tread basketball uniforms. Oklahoma and New Mexico are the teams I remember right off the top of my head that had those tire tread unis.

Those look like Apex shorts

I think they're part of adidas' fauxback lineup.

Definitely fauxbacks to the Converse unis of the mid/late 90's

http://farm8.static.flickr.com/7151/6766640513_7cafae19b4_o.png

CCSLC Signature.jpg

I don't know how many people actually took 2 hours out of their life to watch UT Arlington and Memphis (it was a pillow fight), but the uniform match up was actually pretty awesome! Memphis's gray looked cool and slick with the white outlines, and matched up well with UT Arlington's blue.

12239728_10153331897972734_9010927501376

11515399.jpeg

Wasn't really a huge fan of thesublimated camo-esque design on UTAs pants, but other than that they were simple but still stylish.

Michigan's breaking out their "Iced Out" Adidas alt tonight in the Bahamas against UConn:

19271487-large.jpg

I'd honestly rather we wear this full-time than look like a car drove over the crotches of all our players. (I think the colorblocking of the primary jersey doesn't balance with the shorts either.)

I always enjoy maize numbers/letters on white (with blue outlines) for Michigan. Reminds me of the Oakland Raiders AFL throwbacks where they have the numbers in silver with a black outline on white--one of my all-time favorite looks of any uniform.

I didn't realize that these Iced Out uniforms "feature a diamond pattern inspired by basketball nets" nor that "The uniforms are made of the same material Adidas uses for its NBA shorts and jerseys."

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I don't know how many people actually took 2 hours out of their life to watch UT Arlington and Memphis (it was a pillow fight), but the uniform match up was actually pretty awesome! Memphis's gray looked cool and slick with the white outlines, and matched up well with UT Arlington's blue.

12239728_10153331897972734_9010927501376

11515399.jpeg

Wasn't really a huge fan of thesublimated camo-esque design on UTAs pants, but other than that they were simple but still stylish.

At first I thought those pants were really shiny.

also to add, During the Battle 4 Atlantis A&M mirrored the football team and wore a "Black Ice" set.

635841490436439974-USP-NCAA-BASKETBALL-B

_middle_AF1U1050.JPG

and yes, they were sleeved.

When adidas sticks to classic looks, they make the best basketball uniforms in college basketball. Arizona State is a good example. Michigan,Louisville, and last year's March Madness uniforms happen when they try to get cute.

0axsVuP.jpg

Agreed. I think that is the best Kansas has looked in recent memory.

90758391980.gif

The only reason that Kansas set looks decent is because all the other trash Adidas has been rolling out. It is actually very inconsistent. There is no cohesion among the striping. The knee, waistband, and arm/neck are all different.

Oregon is wearing a special patch for tonight's game at Pearl Harbor. Also, from a video put out by Oregon, they may be wearing jerseys with "Respect", "Courage", "Honor", "Service", and "Integrity" on the backs of their jerseys instead of players' names.

CVpCRXQVAAA7Y6A.jpg

Edit: Confirmed that Oregon will be using jerseys with those words instead of NOB.

CVqYnA9UkAEIaZy.jpg

I'm not a fan of the different nameplates like that, but I love how this tournament is being run. The scrolling list at the bottom of the screen, the honoring of those veterans still alive and in attendance at every opportunity. It's just plain damn cool.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I'm not a fan of the different nameplates like that, but I love how this tournament is being run. The scrolling list at the bottom of the screen, the honoring of those veterans still alive and in attendance at every opportunity. It's just plain damn cool.

They even had some of the veterans address the teams before their games in the locker room.

UMass will be honoring basketball HOF inductee and their former head coach John Calipari with a banner raising and jersey retirement ceremony at their game on Wednesday.

They'll be wearing these uniforms to celebrate the occasion!!!

CVYFfcB.jpg

I personally love them, but whatever. I'm not sure if they're true throwbacks or fauxbacks, but they're awesome and I hope they continue wearing them for the rest of the year (They haven't worn an alternate uniform yet and they usually have one). They were also a complete secret until pictures leaked of them practicing in them yesterday.

Also of note, the Athletics Department was planning on selling a bunch of retro merchandise exclusively at the game (to encourage people to go), but the demand was high enough that they began selling it on the website.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived