LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything is 100% official. The team site and social media pages have fully made the changes and the jerseys are out. They even did a Funny or Die video for some reason.

Here's a video that makes the logo look cool but unfortunately, I think that's only time it looks cool.

http://www.nba.com/clippers/new-look.-next-era.

No2rj6v.jpg

Good luck to the Clippers with this one, they're gonna need all the luck in the world to make this work out. It's being trashed on Twitter and other sites hard.

bSLCtu2.png

I mean, if it's some kind of ironic take on sports branding I can go with it. If it's sincere, it's showing a severe lack of taste.

It's not just that it's ugly but more that it's stupid. It's a stupid logo and the Clippers should have known better.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

At the very least the OKC Thunder logo looks like it was designed by professionals (even if it looks nothing like a logo for a professional basketball franchise).

This? This looks like something pulled right off of a concept sheet done by a first-year design student. Everything about this fails, from the logo to the wordmark to the jerseys. Absolutely atrocious. And not "gaudy and might grow on you in a while" like the Seattle Seahawks' new threads or "bold and unique" like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers new threads. These are just plain bad. Lazy, dull, and hideous.

Putting aside whether the new logo package works or not:

Why would the team post those photoshopped images of Blake in the new uni, instead of just doing a proper photoshoot of players showcasing the new unis like every other team does? And why would the team try to digitally update the uniform on game footage? Who does this when they roll out a rebrand?

The video I watched on their site featured a ship. (And bizarre digitally morphing uniforms.)

They used a ship to introduce a logo set that went out of its way to OMIT any nautical imagery. What the hell? This makes literally NO SENSE. I thought their idea from the leaked slides was to be about LA and LAC without the legacy nautical flags, ships, etc. Now they focus the intro video for a new identity that has nothing to do ships around A BIG SHIP?

My god, they really have no clue what they're doing.

This might be one of the most botched rebrands in recent history. Like all around, nothing good came out of this, it leaked multiple times, and no one seems to like it. I don't think I've ever seen something so bad like this in my life.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

They're supposed to give away new t-shirts featuring that abortion of a logo all throughout tomorrow in a different areas of the city (at least 32 different locations). Ballmer himself is scheduled to make an appearance at a Downtown L.A. cupcake shop in the midday, giving away shirts.

Doc and Ralph Lawler will be at Pink's (a famous hot dog stand in Hollywood) at lunch time.

Not sure how a the "CLA" logo constitutes as Embracing LA, but it makes for a good laugh nonetheless.

CHwHyEkUcAAtkpr.jpg

Reading the whole explanation was worth a good laugh. I truly feel sorry for whoever had to try to spin this dismal failure of a rebrand as something positive.

"Legacy elements include the base structure of the uniforms..."

Meaning we slapped the new logo, wordmark and fonts on the old template.

Why on Earth would you do this? You go to the trouble to have your seven-year-old draw a new logo and uniforms with graph paper, a protractor and markers, and you can't even give him an extra cookie so he can stay awake and finish the job?

And the fact that they KNEW these logos were being ripped on the internet a month ago and actually createf a video making fun of bad logos is just utterly bizarre.

This is just the most amateur rebranding effort from start to finish I've ever seen in a major sport, and it isn't even close.

Archived