NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Keep going. I'm almost there.

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They should just wander the desert. Play games at the Coliseum, in Tucson, Prescott Valley, Albuquerque.That wouldnt be ideal compared to moving to Houston or Quebec but it would be better than being a third class citizen at ASU.

• Like 4

Signature intentionally left blank

Scheduling will be another issue for the Coyotes. Sun Devil hockey’s schedule is already in place for the 2022-23 season and ASU hockey will maintain priority for all future dates, a source said. ASU has 24 home dates next season and all of them are on Friday or Saturday with 7 p.m. starts. The Coyotes would need to work around that schedule with some less than optimal dates.

The multi-purpose facility is also slated to host ASU’s wrestling and gymnastics teams, concerts, conferences, youth competitions and other events.

spacer.png

• Like 11

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, Dilbert said:

They should just wander the desert. Play games at the Coliseum, in Tucson, Prescott Valley, Albuquerque.That wouldnt be ideal compared to moving to Houston or Quebec but it would be better than being a third class citizen at ASU.

Add Salt Lake to that list, too. Hockey might not be the most popular sport up here, and the best arena around isn’t a great fit, but it’s at least better than playing third second fiddle to the college clubs, dammit!

How is this not the Coyotes’ goal horn song already?!

• Like 3

"WELCOME EVERYONE, TO A NEW EXCITING SEASON OF ARIZONA COYOTES HOCKEY!  WE'VE GOT A FULL HOUSE, THAT'S RIGHT, A SOLD OUT ELK LODGE 2049 BINGO HALL, A RAUCOUS 50 OR SO FANS ARE HERE ON DOLLAR DOMESTICS NIGHT FOR THE COYOTES TO TAKE ON THE NEW YORK RANGERS, AND I GOTTA TELL YA CHARLIE, THERE'S A LOTTA BLUE IN THE CROWD TONIGHT!"

"THAT'S RIGHT, TOM!  BUT I EXPECT WE'LL SEE A SURGE IN COYOTES JERSEYS ONCE WE DO THE RAFFLE DRAWING FOR AN ARBY'S GIFT CARD DURING THE DIXIE STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE INTERMISSION SHOW!"

• Like 13
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

There's no way this is a real plan. We're in the stage where there just has to be some kind of story to peddle, and then two days after the Stanley Cup Final is over, Houston will have a team.

21 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

There's no way this is a real plan. We're in the stage where there just has to be some kind of story to peddle, and then two days after the Stanley Cup Final is over, Houston will have a team.

Oh, bless your heart, you must be new here.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sodboy13 said:

Oh, bless your heart, you must be new here.

Not new, just on my 9th prediction that this is really the year the Coyotes move and my 12th prediction that Tom Brady is getting old.

• Like 6

This may be recency bias, but this is on the same level as the Whalers playing in a mall. Nothing can ever truly top that, but the Coyotes having to fight the gymnastics team for the right to play in front of 3,000 fans definitely gets you in the same zip code. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

43 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

This may be recency bias, but this is on the same level as the Whalers playing in a mall. Nothing can ever truly top that, but the Coyotes having to fight the gymnastics team for the right to play in front of 3,000 fans definitely gets you in the same zip code. 

Well that mall had room for 15,000 fans and didn’t not have Friday and Saturday home games already booked out…I think playing in a mall is nothing compared to what the Coyotes are trying to do here. I mean playing in a mall is great. Genius even.

You’d hope that the other NHL owners would greatly frown upon the team playing in a 5,000 seat arena for up to 4 years. I mean the league at least has some self respect right???

• Like 8

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

The Coyotes will play in a sub-5,000 seat arena with no guarantee of an actual new rink being built, will be second fiddle to pretty much everything else in that arena, and, oh yeah. May not get their new rink built.

But Quebec City won't make any new hockey fans so I understand the league's dogged insistence on Arizona 🙄

• Like 5

It won't come to me as a shock if Bettman and the rest of his gang build a church upon the First Nation graves, take a huge dump on said church, spewing out anti-mask and anti-vaxx statements like yapping dogs, and to top it all off, intentionally misgendering and insulting some group of Trans people, JUST to spite the Canadians into furious thinking and bluffing while laughing at how much outrage they can get and still get their positions as official leaders of the NHL.

EDIT: I feel this 'wishing a terrorist to come and kill that guy' isn't enough. Gary Bettman makes mentally challenged people look like Einstein in comparison, considering what kind of thinking he's thinking. I may be a middle-level autistic, and even I know that is shameful by league's standard.

7 hours ago, Crabcake said:

I hadn't thought about this in forever, but wow "playing in a mall" was so ahead of its time. I remember "LoL tHeY pLaY iN a MaLl" being such a slur against the Whalers, but having some "integrated retail, dining, and entertainment experiences" is pretty much on every team's wishlist today. A lot of architecture from that time period didn't age well, but the concept was solid. Looking at what pictures I can find, it seems like a pretty normal 70s arena.

• Like 9