2015 NFL Season-Now with Playoff Talk

buzzcut

Love that the announcers repeatedly said that the hit on Bernard was good, but called the hit on Roethlisberger a "pile driver".

That's exactly what I mean. The different spin they put on the exact same thing is amazing. The league constantly pisses on your face and tries to tell you it's raining.
He wasn't considered defenselesshttp://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2015-nfl-rulebook/#rule-12.-player-conduct
I agree that he wasn't "defenseless", but it seems backwards to me that you can make such a dangerous play to legally cause a fumble and have the league/officials figuratively pat you on the back. But hey, maybe that's why their players' brains turn to jelly.

At some point, it has to be accepted that football is a physical game and you have to be able to give the defense a fighting chance to make tackles, make hits, be physical, and be able to make plays.

And, for what it's worth (since Bucfan won't mention it), the CBS announcers and former ref Mike Carey were all in agreement that the Burfict sack on Roethlisberger was legal and wasn't excessive.

"Cheap" and "inexpensive" mean the same thing, but the connotation is different. To me, it seemed like the announcers didn't like the sack, but didn't have a problem with the hit on Bernard. Should have been the other way around, IMO.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like the ending of this game will echo bottlegate.

So you think the officials are going to allow the Steelers to challenge a play after the Bengals have run another play after the play Pittsburgh challenged?

Damn, that's hard to describe. In any case, "bottlegate" is the only time in my life I've ever agreed with fans throwing stuff on the field. That was worst :censored:-ing I'd ever seen. I honestly can't blame Browns fans for their reaction to that one.

I meant that people will be hurling :censored: onto the field and referees.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Something must be wrong with me because I see a lot of these "flagrant, reckless" fouls as incidental. Or at least the product of physics.

I'd hate to be a Bengals fan. This is rough.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

This wasn't about Cincy getting robbed or something. They did this to themselves, and it's the end of an era for them. Has to be. Burn it down.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I've never seen anything like this. And I don't even think anything the Bengals did was even that bad (other than the fumble, which is inexcusable).

That "headhunting" penalty.. I just don't see that being the attempted murder that these hack announcers are making it out to be. I don't hate that it was a penalty, but it wasn't "disgraceful".

Everyone knows going in to these things that Pittsburgh is going to get the benefit of any referee calls, and if there's any opportunity to swing a game in favor of the Steelers, it will happen. At this point in the NFL, the bias is a joke. Therefore the Bengals and their opponents need to know that there's no margin for error and they need to play a step slow otherwise they're going to get called.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't see how this has anything to do with bias right now. The Bengals are garbage. This is what they deserve.

twitter

I feel like the ending of this game will echo bottlegate.

So you think the officials are going to allow the Steelers to challenge a play after the Bengals have run another play after the play Pittsburgh challenged?

Damn, that's hard to describe. In any case, "bottlegate" is the only time in my life I've ever agreed with fans throwing stuff on the field. That was worst :censored:-ing I'd ever seen. I honestly can't blame Browns fans for their reaction to that one.

I meant that people will be hurling :censored: onto the field and referees.

I know. I just needed an excuse to bitch about the screwing the Browns took in that game.

BB52Big.jpg

Worst self-destruction ever. I have no idea what happened on the first Burfict hit since I turned it on late. But the last one was dirty. He and Jones lost that game. Burfict needs a 4-game suspension. Jones needs to be fined and the maybe the Bengals should release him. I don't know if I have ever seen a team find a way to lose like this. And I am a Vikings fan.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived