NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jonathan_drouin_tampa_bay.jpg

He looks like the kid who used to get mad on the playground when nobody wanted to play with him.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

3 hours ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Two Winter Classics? Now it's more like the Winter Back at it again... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

10 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Two Winter Classics? Now it's more like the Winter Back at it again... 

Too many games and too repetitive of teams.  Outdoors games are quickly losing all of their allure.  

Wonder why Jon Collins quit...

Detroit-Toronto has been done so soon, I'm not as amped for this.  Hopefully the Leafs are a better squad next season & can make this a game.

Monday, January 2nd, that WC must be prime time yes?  That's not a daytime holiday for a large majority of ppl.  

I really like the PHI-PIT outdoor game.  I think more outdoor games is fine if they keep the outliers to regional/divisional rivals, who don't require national audiences.  

I was going to mention earlier when it was announced, I think it would've been a lot more fun to have the Oilers @ Jets played in Regina at Mosaic Field.  Let the Jets keep a majority of the take, as the home team ought, but centralize the accessibility for both fan bases.

To those points, I think the NHL could try more neutral sites for their outdoor events.  

Tampa-Florida in Orlando

Vancouver-San Jose in Portland

Edmonton/Calgary-Winnipeg in Regina

Columbus-Buffalo in Cleveland

Islanders-Bruins in Hartford

NHL could find countless neutral host cities if they tried.  

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Replaying outdoor team match-up in Wings/Leafs. Blackhawks in another outdoor game, 3rd Winter Classic. Second game at Heinz Field.

Replaying teams? Done, but now probably once too many. Replaying match-ups? That's a bad look. But replaying a venue too? That might be a step too far.

Just filter through the rest of the teams that haven't been in one and kill the thing.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

12 hours ago, 2001mark said:

Detroit-Toronto has been done so soon, I'm not as amped for this.  Hopefully the Leafs are a better squad next season & can make this a game.

Monday, January 2nd, that WC must be prime time yes?  That's not a daytime holiday for a large majority of ppl.  

I really like the PHI-PIT outdoor game.  I think more outdoor games is fine if they keep the outliers to regional/divisional rivals, who don't require national audiences.  

I was going to mention earlier when it was announced, I think it would've been a lot more fun to have the Oilers @ Jets played in Regina at Mosaic Field.  Let the Jets keep a majority of the take, as the home team ought, but centralize the accessibility for both fan bases.

To those points, I think the NHL could try more neutral sites for their outdoor events.  

Tampa-Florida in Orlando

Vancouver-San Jose in Portland

Edmonton/Calgary-Winnipeg in Regina

Columbus-Buffalo in Cleveland

Islanders-Bruins in Hartford

NHL could find countless neutral host cities if they tried.  

Sorry, but F*** this idea. Cleveland's barely supported the Blue Jackets since 2000 and now they're gonna swoop in and host our outdoor game? NOPE. 

Give us some time to get our team and fanbase in order and then after the NHL takes a few years off to recharge the outdoor games we can be the grand reopening in Ohio Stadium. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

With Jaro Halak out for the next six weeks with a lower body injury (my guess is groin) I feel like the Isles playoff chances or at least their chances of getting anywhere out of the first round just went down the drain,

6 minutes ago, cmm said:

It certainly doesn't help, but Greiss has been just as good as Halak this season.

He has and at times he's been better than Halak but Greiss' already played more games this season than he has in any other NHL season in his career.  I don't see him being able to sustain for the last month of the season and into the first round.  All things staying the same I see the Isles being a wild card team and out in the first round.  I hope that's not the case but it's what my gut's telling me after way too many years watching this team.

A very scary moment tonight watching PK go down and get stretchered out the way he did. It doesn't look like he got seriously injured. But seeing a player's head bounce like that is always incredibly concerning.

3 hours ago, dfwabel said:

NHL and Yahoo! agree to live stream up to four games/week (still with blackout restrictions) for free starting Friday with PHL/TB.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL1N16I04W

Looks like this may have started early....Yahoo was streaming the Edmonton-Minnesota game earlier this evening.

1 hour ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Looks like this may have started early....Yahoo was streaming the Edmonton-Minnesota game earlier this evening.

If they were, they did.

I just wanted to let members know news since the NHL fans here didn't announce the news.  

20 hours ago, tp49 said:

With Jaro Halak out for the next six weeks with a lower body injury (my guess is groin) I feel like the Isles playoff chances or at least their chances of getting anywhere out of the first round just went down the drain,

Honestly, you should trust Griess more than you are. He's easily in the 1B backup category and has been his whole career. 

54-36-15 with a 2.41 and .918% equals solid goaltender IMO. Not a goalie who'll steal games, but keep you in them. That's all the Islanders really need. 

Griess has looked good the whole year too, with a 18-6 record, 2.23 GAA and .929%. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

On 2016-03-10 at 5:03 AM, Still MIGHTY said:

Replaying outdoor team match-up in Wings/Leafs. Blackhawks in another outdoor game, 3rd Winter Classic. Second game at Heinz Field.

Replaying teams? Done, but now probably once too many. Replaying match-ups? That's a bad look. But replaying a venue too? That might be a step too far.

Just filter through the rest of the teams that haven't been in one and kill the thing.

What should have been done. IMO is

1. Centennial Game has Montreal in Toronto. They are 2 of the founding members of the NHL. And since its the centennial season of the league, having these two face off is a no brainer. Montreal could wear 1917/18 throwbacks for the game while Toronto wears the 1917/18 Toronto Blue Shirts (err Arenas) throwbacks.

2. Heritage Classic has Montreal in Ottawa. The original Senators (along with Montreal, Toronto and the Montreal Wanderers) were the four founding members of the league. So the Sens wearing the 1917/18 uniforms of the original Senators against Montreal's 1917/18 sweaters would be cool. Again since its the centennial season that would be a no brainer. Winnipeg could get Edmonton the next season.

3. Winter Classic should have the Kings playing the Blues. Everyone is sick of the Blackhawks, and the Kings (along with the Blues) are celebrating their 50th season. This would be like the Penguins/Flyers matchup for the Stadium game.

The Catch of the Day!

Archived