2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, habsfan1 said:

Anyone wanna Photoshop the old Panther head on the new logo? Those tribal eyes on the new logo also need to go.

Why stop there? Also add the original feet, paws, leg accents.... So pretty much the original logo. Can't beat an already great logo.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

19 hours ago, LMU said:

IMG_1635.JPG

Ugh, the biggest problem, for me, is that Mosaic pattern in the lettering. I feel like this is just a step back, from last year's logo.

1 hour ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Not that I care about All-Star logos (or All-Stars games for that matter) but I'm digging that. It would have been cooler if they had spotlights shining on the "LA".

I normally find it really hard to care about the All-Star Game. Last year was a notable exception, between the John Scott story and the new format actually turning out to be very watchable.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Highlights of the design:

• Striping along the arms represents two Stanley Cups

• Striping along the bottom matches 1967-68, the first on-ice season in Kings history

• Purple embellishment within the neck containing five Gold Diamonds represents the five decades and pays homage to the club’s historic Purple/Gold years

• Gold added to the Kings primary logo represents 50 years

• Special Font with Gold for player names and numbers

• Gray color is the same as the Dodger Stadium Series

10 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Highlights of the design:

• Striping along the arms represents two Stanley Cups

• Striping along the bottom matches 1967-68, the first on-ice season in Kings history

• Purple embellishment within the neck containing five Gold Diamonds represents the five decades and pays homage to the club’s historic Purple/Gold years

• Gold added to the Kings primary logo represents 50 years

• Special Font with Gold for player names and numbers

• Gray color is the same as the Dodger Stadium Series

Ok, makes sense now. I like the addition of gold to the scheme. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The Kings made the same mistake the Maple Leafs did and tried to cram different eras and uniform patterns into one design.  Change the hem stripe from one black stripe to two to match the sleeves and this is solid.  Same goes for the Leafs.

2 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

The little gold on the logo and nowhere else is bugging me. But it's simple & I love to see a grey jersey in action. 

I prefer this over the Flyers throwing gold everywhere

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

4 hours ago, Dante_X said:

Kings 50th anniversary jersey

7185A_LKI_HPJLKI_5AP_MF.high_copy_66589b

Funny how they used the same striping from my 5-minute Ps concept I made a while back. LOL, this isn't the first time I've seen something I made be used on actual designs.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/106114-2016-17-nhl-uniform-and-logo-changes/?do=findComment&comment=2620080

Archived