2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

The shape and all the parts of the original overall stand out more. Everything pops. It's a stronger design. The new one isn't as strong. But at least they fixed all the wrongs with bolder outlines and simpler elements. If they fixed the new face, it would probably be better.

Feet, fix the damned feet first!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LMU said:

IMG_1635.JPG

Hot mess.

The NHL shield breaks the side of the logo's implied 3D depth, and the derpy star in the background looks like it's walking a tightrope.  

Plus one lame looking palm tree.  

Otherwise it's fine.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 minutes ago, insert name said:

Where did the Gold come from?

Designed by NHL Creative Services, the 2017 NHL® All-Star logo was designed to incorporate elements of Los Angeles and the hometown Kings. The trendy urban “LA” features the Kings’ trademark colors of black, gray and white. In addition, the gold and jeweled typography of the “LA” is a nod to the glitz and glamour of the city, which is home to the stars of Hollywood and host to many major awards shows, including the Academy Awards, the Emmy Awards and Grammy Awards. The three points of the star in the logo signifies the third time Los Angeles has hosted NHL® All-Star weekend (1981, 2002, 2017). The four stars represents each NHL Division.

41 minutes ago, insert name said:

Where did the Gold come from?

37 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

Designed by NHL Creative Services, the 2017 NHL® All-Star logo was designed to incorporate elements of Los Angeles and the hometown Kings. The trendy urban “LA” features the Kings’ trademark colors of black, gray and white. In addition, the gold and jeweled typography of the “LA” is a nod to the glitz and glamour of the city, which is home to the stars of Hollywood and host to many major awards shows, including the Academy Awards, the Emmy Awards and Grammy Awards. The three points of the star in the logo signifies the third time Los Angeles has hosted NHL® All-Star weekend (1981, 2002, 2017). The four stars represents each NHL Division.

The gold is also used in their 50th Anniversary logo.

9802_los_angeles_kings-anniversary-2017.

I can't say anything about the Stanley Cup banners, I thought those used to be much more interesting, but perhaps what I saw was just merchandise.

But the player banners are way better. More info, cleaner, more professional.

I typically hate updating banners, they're meant to be a product of their time, but this is a huge upgrade and number retirements are a little less "snapshot of the moment" than championship banners

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived