College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MCH925 said:

?

With this year's pattern and the loss last week, I have a feeling we have seen the last of the black helmet, and probably the black unis also.  Time for a classic rebrand next year.  I like the pants stripes, but can live with solid gold too.  Might be neat to see an updated alt purple helmet once or twice - it could be done better than this one.   Keep a few elements of the new look (NW point maybe), but we can ditch the black.

LSU+v+Washington+P_s9F2NW_0ix.jpg

HuardDamon1.jpg

Disappointing and fairly surprising move by Oregon, who will be wearing the same all white uniform combination that they wore two weeks ago at USC:

IMG_2568.JPGIMG_2569.JPG

This will mark the first time in some years that they'll be wearing the same combination in the same season. It's especially odd considering they have a second white jersey which they wore at Nebraska and has yet to see the light of day again. I was really hoping for a white/white/yellow combination with the other white jersey, but alas I'm left disappointed just like I have been all season with their play on the field and more often than not with their uniforms this year.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Disappointing and fairly surprising move by Oregon, who will be wearing the same all white uniform combination that they wore two weeks ago at USC:

IMG_2568.JPGIMG_2569.JPG

This will mark the first time in some years that they'll be wearing the same combination in the same season. It's especially odd considering they have a second white jersey which they wore at Nebraska and has yet to see the light of day again. I was really hoping for a white/white/yellow combination with the other white jersey, but alas I'm left disappointed just like I have been all season with their play on the field and more often than not with their uniforms this year.

Even the Oregon uniform pickers have given up on the season. 

18 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

IMG_5099.JPG

These uniforms are nothing short of gorgeous. As long as they don't become obsessed and make these their primary, I'm completely fine with them wearing the black for two games a season.

NSFCvyu.png

3 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

TCU and Oklahoma State is a subpar matchup today on TV when paired together.

Purple/Gray/White vs White/White/Black. Not a good look at all. 

ewww. that game should be exciting on tv with it being purple vs orange, and both schools decide to go for their bland looks.

Two odd looks: East Carolina (numbers look like they are supposed to be white but someone vomited in the washing machine); Western Michigan (helmet logo is camo?  Is that what it is?)

Pitt wearing the throwbacks again (and it's miles better than the normal look).  SDSU/Wyoming looks pretty good.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

39 minutes ago, Bolt957 said:

Really wish that Colorado had dressed in Gold/Black/Gold. Definitely would've been complimented by the sunlight.

Even gold/black/black would have been good.  Their gold pants kinda suck, since they are more beige/cream than gold.

And speaking of complimented by sunlight...who in the world scheduled UCLA/USC at night?  One of the best-looking day games every year (in traditional uniforms).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

24 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I don't get the love for these uniforms. The current uniforms are way better. Although, a slight number change should happen.

Me neither. Those are so dated looking. I couldn't imagine them ever being around today.

Archived