College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

1 hour ago, wyopokes2 said:

Some Mountain West looks this week. A few notable things. Boise State and Utah State both went with commemorative decals for Veterans Day. Air Force busted out their alts again. UNLV went with a rare Black/Red/Black combo.

9553827.jpeg

Other than the redundancy of having the same logo on the helmet and shoulder caps, that's a damn good look for UNLV

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

Then that's a real problem with the shoulder caps. Not Nike-green bad, but bad.

Seeing as Wisconsin is the first I've seen of it, in 3 years of this template, I wouldn't say it's that bad.

ojNNazQ.jpg

5 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Seeing as Wisconsin is the first I've seen of it, in 3 years of this template, I wouldn't say it's that bad.

It's not awful, but it's noticeable around a distinctive element of one of UA's newest and most high-profile teams. So it's far from ideal. 

Maybe it's not the template but something else. 

I don't care who it's against or what time the game is, I just want them back. It's been since 2008 and fans have pretended they have "bad mojo." Just make them part of the regular rotation along with some once or twice a year red road pants. Our colors are red and black. It's not like we're Baylor adding black. Come on, man!

First step toward those becoming a once or twice a year jersey for Georgia. I've always contended on here, since 2007, so that no black jersey has been farther from BFBS ... 

Even though it was first instituted in the new mellineum it has a classic look, and I'd argue is the superior uniform of the three. 

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I've always contended on here, since 2007, so that no black jersey has been farther from BFBS ...

By definition, it's not BFBS and never has been since black is one of Georgia's school colors.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

3 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Also publicly mugged Auburn and Hawaii the year prior to win the Sugar Bowl in them...jerseys don't win or lose games.

Can we not talk about that? Or Saturday? Or any of the other recent disasters for Auburn in this rivalry? 

Please?

No?

Ok. I'll be sad over here then.

ojNNazQ.jpg

4 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

To me this isn't a good look for Georgia:

14767951.jpg

Too many colors going on, it looks like a hodgepodge of a uniform.  If they wanna go black jerseys, they should try it with their rarely used black helmets or break out some red pants

icon_15669173-675x380.jpg

Hi there, Life long UGA fan here. I'm in Athens now, and my family has been here since the city started. Let me just clear this up. We'll never wear those god awful Black helmets ever again. Nope. Not one. We may break out black pants in the future, or the red. But those black hats are as pure evil as the devil himself. 

(My first Cocktail party was the black hat game, so I might be slightly biased. haha)

The Black jerseys are fun. They work for what they are, a good reason to wear black for one of the games. 

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

24 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

So when Oklahoma unveiled the wood-grain alternates, did they unveil a white one with it? Because this image from UniSwag's Twitter looks like a white jersey to me.

CxSOLbqW8AEQBKC.jpg:large

I believe they wore that two years ago, then wore the crimson wood-grain helmets with crimson jerseys last year.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived