College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Thank goodness adidas has these smaller schools that lap up their :censored:ty uniforms.

The biggest problem for Western Michigan is that their coach truly embraces his inner "Comic Sans" when it comes to uniforms. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, shaydre1019 said:

Did they get the Houston Texans font and elongate it? Is that legal? Does reebok/adidas have rights to some fonts like that?

The font was created during the time Reebok had the NFL contract. It's also used by multiple manufacturers. There might be a time limit on exclusivity. Those jerseys look like a knockoff Nike Destroyer jersey.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Threw in a couple pics from last week's game for WMU as well as tonight's. In my honest opinion I think Western Michigan has a good uniform tonight however the numbers are too small and they have to stop this row the boat nonsense. It's a tacky marketing scheme and screams corny. The Flag theme also throws the overall appearance off. Again No more Flag themed uniforms for a while

Kent State looks nice. Definitely not too shabby

Cwx0AibW8AAS7Gi.jpg

CwyHgSEUcAAEY24.jpg

CwyfSlTUQAEU37I.jpg

CwrFMTtUkAAMMfT.jpg

201611071244458749960.cf.webp

Washington is ditching the tradition for a salute to service blackout set. The W on the helmet has the flag instead of the traditional colors, and on the right chest there is a badge that will bear the name of a veteran associated with UW.

I thought that WMU having a Stars and Stripes pattern for the top stripe made sense... you know, being Election Day and all. I also wonder why Kent State has these half assed Charger knock off helmets when they have a decent logo themselves.

Eastern Michigan and Ball State also got into the 'Patriotic' act for their game as well. EMU had their 'E' in the Stars and Stripes while Ball State had their cardinal in the same pattern (BTW, can we please stop the logo on one side, number on the other side madness? It makes your school look schizo!)

14 hours ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

Threw in a couple pics from last week's game for WMU as well as tonight's. In my honest opinion I think Western Michigan has a good uniform tonight however the numbers are too small and they have to stop this row the boat nonsense. It's a tacky marketing scheme and screams corny. The Flag theme also throws the overall appearance off. Again No more Flag themed uniforms for a while

Kent State looks nice. Definitely not too shabby

Cwx0AibW8AAS7Gi.jpg

Looking at this jersey I see some good possibilites for it.

Main body, No shockweb is an instant improvement.

Neck and Yoke - Looks like a nod to the Nike Elite 51, though a little larger. No flywire or other extraneous designs so it's a good look.

Side panels - If the side panel is the same color as the body, we would have remarked how well the sleeve insert looked. If a team like UCLA were wearing this he shoulder loops wouldn't look cut off and the sleeve numbers wouldn't be removed. Louisiana Tech could make good use of this jersey next season, if not now. 

Sleeve insert - The sleeve cap could be the same color or another color as shown here and give a throwback style look to the jersey, ala the old Steelers Batman jerseys with the all yellow yoke. The only issue with teh sleeve caps would be some striping patterns would end as abruptly as they do now with the other Techfit gear. 

Numbers - Skinny numbers should never be used on a football jersey. Bulk them up a bit! 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 hours ago, MCH925 said:

Washington is ditching the tradition for a salute to service blackout set. The W on the helmet has the flag instead of the traditional colors, and on the right chest there is a badge that will bear the name of a veteran associated with UW.

Horrible mistake. Ruined the great momentum this season had been building.

43 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Horrible mistake. Ruined the great momentum this season had been building.

My thoughts exactly. Not only is this the first time they will be wearing anything besides gold/purple/gold at home (they're 5-0 in those), but they're also only 2-2 all time with those W-flag helmets. 

Archived