College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

Maryland really needs to go back to those pennant helmets. The hand painted flag helmets have overstayed their welcome.

Also those random black stripes on the shoulders of the jerseys & above the knees on the pants need to go to. Less is more.

I'm fine with the state flag shoulder caps.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, KJHillis said:

Gamecocks wearing Black/Garnet/Black for first time ever

garnet_black.jpg

I like it.  Gamecocks have looked good all year long.  Hopefully they wear the garnet helmets again though.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

West Virginia's all white helmets are just terrible.  Don't go with anything on the rest of the uniform, or the stadium...just ridiculously out of place.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I like it.  Gamecocks have looked good all year long.  Hopefully they wear the garnet helmets again though.

Surprised by how much they have worn the white helmets. I think garnet is considered the primary now. You see it at press conferences, practices, the first game, etc.

Yeah, garnet helmet, black jersey, white pants is perfect.

300px-CarolinaColiseum.jpg

Watching WVU play Kansas.  And I can't help but think that Kansas would have some great helmets if they went with this logo on both sides:

kansas-athletics-football-automatically-

Instead they have the KU on one side, and the giant jayhawk logo on the other.  The above with KU on both sides should be their helmet forever.  No white helmets, no red helmets, and keep the jayhawk off forever.  Between the helmets and the adidas tire tread jerseys, Kansas football has some abysmal uniforms.  And the sad thing is they have sooooo much potential uniform wise.  They could be great.  Instead they look like ass.  Both with their play and with their uniforms.

90758391980.gif

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Pleasantly surprised by Ohio State's throwback unis. 

Especially cool to see how the chest pattern disappears from far away. Dontre Wilson has some random sticker on the front of his helmet, any idea what that is?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

This is why I like to see uniforms in game action because you can actually see the whole picture and truly appreciate the look and design of each team.   it may be an unpopular opinion but I really like Duke's look today. It really reminds me of how awesome the Detroit Lions will look with a similar design. The helmet by itself isn't impressive but when you come by the look of the Jersey pants and helmet it really makes sense.

201611051622589491698-p2.vadapt.980.high.61.jpeg

VirginiaTechDukeFootball-7877f.jpg

581e52ead2cb2.image.jpg

Virginia_Tech_Duke_Football-bd589.jpg

5 hours ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

Ohio State today I really think they should switch their uniforms permanently to today's uniform. Here are a couple of ideas to compliment today's duds. 

hi-res-905be43e8da22c65f9702ff2f6ef0c5a_crop_exact.jpg

hi-res-9b51d6d52c038329c91b8e9941b4bcb9_crop_north.jpg

4c0459a961281f477501c6689d42ceed.jpg

osu pro combat.jpg

ohio-state-beats-nebraska.jpg

This was a nice change of pace but I think the 1968 uniforms would make more sense as a permanent set than these. When I think of Ohio State I think of the Northwestern stripes, the buckeyes leaves and scarlet and grey. That grey jersey is one of the worst photoshops ever and the NCAA specifically forbids that type of jersey. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 hours ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

Ohio State today I really think they should switch their uniforms permanently to today's uniform. Here are a couple of ideas to compliment today's duds. 

hi-res-905be43e8da22c65f9702ff2f6ef0c5a_crop_exact.jpg

hi-res-9b51d6d52c038329c91b8e9941b4bcb9_crop_north.jpg

4c0459a961281f477501c6689d42ceed.jpg

osu pro combat.jpg

ohio-state-beats-nebraska.jpg

While it looked good as a one off, it is way inferior to their regular uniforms.

Archived