College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

55 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

They could do what other schools like UTEP do and paint the field rather than stitch the logos in. That's why Boise can't just paint over the field. All turf is painted even green turf. I think Boise has replaced the turf twice since they started hosting the game.

Watching the Sun Bowl yesterday I still saw the normal wording in the endzones, which leads me to believe that the lettering is stitched; they just painted over it. It's not uncommon for stadiums with field turf to paint over the logos (Lucas Oil Stadium does this for the B1G Championship Game).

NSFCvyu.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

Watching the Sun Bowl yesterday I still saw the normal wording in the endzones, which leads me to believe that the lettering is stitched; they just painted over it. It's not uncommon for stadiums with field turf to paint over the logos (Lucas Oil Stadium does this for the B1G Championship Game).

It's painted, they just did a crappy job of cleaning it off, the North Carolina end zone looked cleaner than Stanford's. The midfield logo was still obvious too. They also threw up tarps over the El Paso Miners in the stands rather than painting it over like they do usually. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Ga Tech/Kentucky, just awful.

Kentucky, with one white stripe on the helmet, a checkerboard pattern on the jersey sleeve, and a thick blue half strip on the pants..............UGLY.

Ga Tech, looks like they just threw the uni combo together this morning.  "OK what is clean??!! Ughhh these ugly jerseys, and these pants are, and this dumb arsed helmet!! Ok we're good, lets go play!" haha 

5 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Clemson confirms the all orange looks and the newest template:

Also, in the lead up to the playoff games, ESPN has been slowly rolling out new graphics, similar to their NFL coverage. Looks like each team got the 3D logo treatment.

New template is confirmed. Ohio State posted the "classic white" uniforms will be worn tonight, in the new template with "less grab points."

classic white refers to the "prime time" uniforms from the 60s with the wider stripes. They wore them against Alabama in 2014 and Oklahoma this year.  

Looks like Washinton is in their normal template, as Ohio State and Clemson are in the updated template. Can't tell with Alabama. 

On 12/29/2016 at 9:13 PM, Mitch B said:

re: The Belk Bowl

VA Tech would look so much better with stripes on their pants.

Re: Peach Bowl

Add Washington to the list of teams that need pants stripes.  They got those classic helmet stripes that need to be duplicated on the pants.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

17 minutes ago, Mitch B said:

Re: Peach Bowl

Add Washington to the list of teams that need pants stripes.  They got those classic helmet stripes that need to be duplicated on the pants.

Disagree. Washington had the solid purple pants in the 90s and looked awesome.  Still do.

Virginia Tech needs stripes on the pants because the jersey and helmet have stripes.  When Virginia Tech didn't have the stripes on the jersey, solid white pants looked fine.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

28 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Disagree. Washington had the solid purple pants in the 90s and looked awesome.  Still do.

That, and I don't know how you can really replicate the helmet stripes well on the purple pants. Your options are a single white stripe or purple-white-purple outlined with thin outer gold stripes. Neither sound very good. Any other option like single gold or some variation of white and gold will just look mismatched and even worse. 

I get that that there are cases where pants stripes are ideal, but that doesn't mean every case is. Sometimes plain pants are a better balancing set piece than forced stripes that muddle or disconnect a set.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Virginia Tech needs stripes on the pants because the jersey and helmet have stripes.  When Virginia Tech didn't have the stripes on the jersey, solid white pants looked fine.

Virginia Tech looks so much better with the UCLA shoulder stripes.  

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

13 hours ago, bushy said:

Has LSU's jerseys always looked like that? They're terrible. Oh my god the striping under the sleeves is horrible. 

They've been like that since 2013. They wanted the striping to look like that. Mississippi does the same thing. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

Ga Tech/Kentucky, just awful.

Kentucky, with one white stripe on the helmet, a checkerboard pattern on the jersey sleeve, and a thick blue half strip on the pants..............UGLY.

Ga Tech, looks like they just threw the uni combo together this morning.  "OK what is clean??!! Ughhh these ugly jerseys, and these pants are, and this dumb arsed helmet!! Ok we're good, lets go play!" haha 

Since Ga Tech is traditionally a WAH team, I like that they have a tendency to wear colors in a bowl game. Two years ago in the Orange Bowl, for example, they wore navy jerseys and gold pants vs Mississippi State.

2 hours ago, Rixaroo said:

Does anyone know why Michigan was the visiting team (wearing white) in the Orange Bowl? It was my understanding that the higher ranked team in New Years Six games is the home team. 

I think it has to do with Florida State being in the ACC, and the ACC has some ties to the Orange Bowl.

1 hour ago, msubulldog said:

I think it has to do with Florida State being in the ACC, and the ACC has some ties to the Orange Bowl.

Correct. Too bad Peppers didn't play, I felt he would have gave TTUN a big boost. Now Penn State can finish off the discussion again by gettign blown out by USC. The Big Ten did well in the regular season but were awful in the bowls again. And the one league that was looked down on outside of the Big XII, the ACC, were taking names left and right this bowl season. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 11:16 PM, crosfam said:

I really wish WMU would class up the uniforms for the cotton bowl.  The woodland pattern must be put away for the big game.   I really liked this look in 2012.  But of course, I am a Husky fan and this looks a bit like a UW tribute helmet. 

wm-10-12-allwhite-bradleyleeb-675x380.jpg

Western_Michigan_Speed_mini_helmet.png

Big Kudos to WMU for stepping up and wearing a classic uniform for the biggest game in school history.  Looks like this classic white jersey is to be worn with white helmets and pants.  I would rather see dark or gold (not woodland camo) pants, But this should look good.  I do love the above gold helmet, but it is probably to never be worn again. 

C03w89vVEAAWQt4.jpg

Archived