2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

Is Nike changing something with the uniforms next season because recently I've noticed a lot of sales on NFLshop.com for jerseys and before I could never find jerseys on sale and coupons usually excluded them

You mean the 25% holiday sale?

On December 7, 2016 at 4:54 PM, Gupti said:

A hunch (and only a hunch) tells me that this week could be as good of a chance as any that you'll have to see the Jags teal jerseys, if that's what you're into. In the the past five seasons, they've only worn teal twice, shockingly; once in 2013 vs. the Chargers shortly after the new unis were unveiled, and once in 2012 vs. the Bengals to coincide with Fred Taylor's induction into the Jag's pride ring. It was the only time that they wore that jersey all season and the last time it ever saw the field.

chargers-jaguars-football-jordan-todman_

maurice-jonesdrew-of-the-jacksonville-ja

Jimmy Smith will be inducted into the ring this week vs. the Vikings. While they didn't go for teal the last time that someone was inducted (they wore all black when Mark Brunell was put in vs. the Bills in 2013), team president Mark Lamping has stated before that the teal jersey is reserved for special occasions. That being said, if the teal doesn't come out this weekend, then its safe to say that its gone for good. My guess, aside from Khan heavily favoring gold as a secondary over teal, would be that the black-on-teal numbers fared much worse in legibility than they must've thought by the time they had hit the field, so they just decided to can it for good.

RIP teal :,^)

^ I know for the 49ers they would reserve the red end zones for the playoffs. In seasons in which they might not make the playoffs (or are mathematically eliminated) they would pain the end zones for last games of the season. Not sure if they are going to do it this year. I don't know if it was because they had the excess paint they want to use or just because for aesthetics

Go A's!

1 minute ago, phutmasterflex said:

^ I know for the 49ers they would reserve the red end zones for the playoffs. In seasons in which they might not make the playoffs (or are mathematically eliminated) they would pain the end zones for last games of the season. Not sure if they are going to do it this year. I don't know if it was because they had the excess paint they want to use or just because for aesthetics

Might have had something to do with sharing a stadium with the giants too

2 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

Yeah but they've had a lot of sales recently. A couple of weeks ago all jerseys were 25% off I think and there's also been a lot of coupon codes dropping too

Yeah, every sale on Fanatics (or sister site) is holiday only.  And they have a new one every 12-40 hours.  If you don't like the sale, just wait, there will be another one.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived