Old Uniforms That Are Better Than Their Current Uniforms

14 hours ago, Jojj said:

image.jpeg

Slightly off topic, but I'm pretty sure this is a rare picture of Chris Davis in a Rangers uniform at Camden Yards.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

kidd-and-martin-2.jpg.69f90f3e114c434c8442cc640a982c56.jpg

Do those uniforms have the mesh treatment like the 90's Patriots had? If so I never noticed that before. 

e27c313dc093698b43254f60d90de308.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

10 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Bucs yes, Bucks no.

Caveat: While the Buccaneers' current jerseys and pants are a major step down from their predecessors, I think of the change to their helmets as a lateral move. Bright red, a massive helmet logo, and chrome facemasks all seem appropriate (and fun!) for a team with a pirate-based identity, IMO.

25 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Do those uniforms have the mesh treatment like the 90's Patriots had? If so I never noticed that before.

They did when they were first introduced. You can really see it on this SLAM magazine cover:

yYt3wkF.jpg

From what I can tell, the mesh stripes disappeared from the Nets' uniforms for the 2006-07 season.

ZDG8jKX.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

8 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

They did when they were first introduced. You can really see it on this SLAM magazine cover:

yYt3wkF.jpg

From what I can tell, the mesh stripes disappeared from the Nets' uniforms for the 2006-07 season.

ZDG8jKX.jpg

Thanks. Those were so sharp, especially the navy New Jersey roadies. If anybody should use argyle it should be the Nets. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

8 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

carmelo_anthony_2012_01_18.jpgknicks-1-jumbo.jpg

I know most of this board was happy when the Knicks dropped black from their color scheme...I was probably happy at first, too...but the logo and uniforms used black very effectively.  I liked the more "comic-book" look to the logo, and I wouldn't mind black being used like ^^^ if they ever brought it back.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I know most of this board was happy when the Knicks dropped black from their color scheme...I was probably happy at first, too...but the logo and uniforms used black very effectively.  I liked the more "comic-book" look to the logo, and I wouldn't mind black being used like ^^^ if they ever brought it back.

They dropped black for gray then they made the logo and uniforms look lifeless. I was not a fan of it at all. Hey, the lifeless look is just like the team so if that's what they were going for then they succeeded. 

XM4KeeA.png

19 hours ago, Jojj said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Is there a way to like only half of a post?

To my surprise, it's been oft mocked around here, but I really do like the look of the old Minnesota red jersey, and especially think it's far superior to the current one.

111995809300_1.jpg

On the subject of red, while I accept that the Canada Day jersey switched each year, I think this was the best version, and wish the team could have worn these this year when they became a regular alt.

Screen-Shot-2015-07-01-at-09.54.50--350x1297719168295_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

And, of course, I miss when you didn't have to be within five feet to see the orange on the Dolphins' uniforms.

sfl-photos-new-york-giants-at-miami-dolp

spacer.png

spacer.png

16 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Seriously...name a team that is currently wearing their best look ever.  I honestly can't think of one.  (Carolina Panthers, maybe?)

A thread about which teams are currently in their best look might be fun. Even if it would just eventually have every team possible like this thread will. 

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I think the 49ers last set was superior to the current. Though calling it an old set seems weird since the new one is basically a throwback to the 80s uniforms. 

5tQX941.jpg

19 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Seriously...name a team that is currently wearing their best look ever.  I honestly can't think of one.  (Carolina Panthers, maybe?)

Panthers...one could make a case for both the New York and the San Francisco Giants...plus the Seahawks and Mariners in Seattle...not saying I agree with all these, but I think a case could be made for all of them...probably lots of others too.

Archived