Old Uniforms That Are Better Than Their Current Uniforms

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

A thread about which teams are currently in their best look might be fun. Even if it would just eventually have every team possible like this thread will. 

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I think the 49ers last set was superior to the current. Though calling it an old set seems weird since the new one is basically a throwback to the 80s uniforms. 

5tQX941.jpg

That was a good set.

I also want to say that the white cleats for these were way better than the black cleats. 

owensx-inset-community.jpg

Go A's!

21 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Seriously...name a team that is currently wearing their best look ever.  I honestly can't think of one.  (Carolina Panthers, maybe?)

Since there are a plethora of unnecessary alternate and special one-off uniforms littering up the big 4 right now, most teams aren't wearing their best look ever.

But perhaps what would be more fair is to compare team's current primary uniforms to their past primaries. Using that metric, I'd argue that quite a few baseball teams are in fact wearing their best look ever right now. The Orioles, Nationals, Dodgers, Mets, Pirates, Braves, Royals, Cardinals, Rockies, Athletics, White Sox, Blue Jays, and arguably the Marlins are all wearing their best "primary" looks ever, IMO. Likewise, there's a few teams who are close: the Cubs (prefer their 50's-60's road look), Yankees (prefer their pre-1973 road look), Red Sox (prefer the blue undershirts and striped socks), Giants (their best look was 2000-2010, until they tweaked the road piping), Indians (prefer the late-90's look overall), Angels (too many "A" patches these days), and Mariners (if they never switched the damn outlines).

In other sports, it's a little less common, but there's still quite a few teams that really jump out to me as wearing their 'best look ever' right now - the Bruins, Blackhawks, Rangers, Lightning, Flyers, Redskins, and Bills all jump out to me as definitively wearing their best identities ever right now.

1 minute ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

new_unis.jpg.fabd78fdb68521a5e97d453bf1908536.jpg

"Unpopular Opinions?  Aisle 6."

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

37 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

"Unpopular Opinions?  Aisle 6."

If they would keep the new unis and slap the new logo on those helmets, done. The metallic dark teal/black was so ingenious, I still use those with the Jags in Madden 17.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

10 hours ago, DeFrank said:

635675467982664756-G1SFLAG08-1C-438351.J

az-98-00-whitepin-1-675x380.jpg

90s baseball aesthetic speaks to my soul.

I think that both of these could really still work today. I'd maybe make a few changes but solid looks overall.

16 minutes ago, pokecat12 said:

If they would keep the new unis and slap the new logo on those helmets, done. The metallic dark teal/black was so ingenious, I still use those with the Jags in Madden 17.

I just hate the fact that they are dropping teal all together for gold and black. Enough with black uniforms! Teal is a unique color for the Jags and they haven't worn it since 2013!

The helmets were the only thing that wasn't a huge downgrade from the original/previous Jaguars set. The side stripes were not uniform on the different jersey cuts. There were at least three or four different looking stripes on the field at the same time. The removal of gold was also a huge downgrade. I'll even go as far as saying, besides the two toned helmets, the current uniforms are much better than the 08-12 set. 

Archived