Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

20 minutes ago, bowld said:

Maybe it's just me, but I never felt those heads fit the rest of the body. Especially Cincinnati

I've long thought that the designers created the heads first, then tacked a body onto those logos. It would explain how they often look odd compared to the head-only logos. Take a look at Carolina's old version of it to see what I mean.

342.gif343.gif

I'd much rather have the head-only marks, with some stylized monogram (or helmet image, in the case of the Bengals) as a secondary.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NYC Cosmos said:

Geese. Can't they just go with a gold helmet and a jaguar pattern on the helmet, much like the bengals and their tiger stripes? make the uniform black/gold like the old Saints unit and use teal as the third colors. Jaguars are not teal.

This is such a tired arguement. 

Eagles aren't Green, Seahawks (Ospreys) aren't blue, Buffaloes aren't blue, Falcons aren't red etc. etc. etc. 

It's sports. Have some fun.

7 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

We've talked about this before. It's not an indication of a new design. It was a design change made by the manufacturer.

In a different note, I'm so tired of the "where's the jag print on the unis" discussion. It looks awful. Every single concept I see with the pattern I immediately dismiss. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

7 hours ago, McCarthy said:

They were both fantastic secondary logos that neither team is using anymore. It's a shame. They fit in that sleeve space so well too. 

JagsCenterPicture.gif

cinncinati_bengals.png

I've joked since I was a kid that every year the best of the 4 cat teams should get a trophy of their own because none of them are ever winning the Super Bowl. 

Tiger & Jaguar. Literally my two favorite animals. Didn't the Bengals use that logo at midfield one season before the stupid "B"?

Just dropping I to say that the 80's Bengals jerseys were better than the '90s ones. Simpler is better with numbers on the sleeves. The helmets have tiger stripes. The shoulders and pants have tiger stripes. They made the jerseys worse putting a tiger on the sleeves. It's like the old crappy kids' Halloween costumes that had a picture of the character on the chest.

freddy.jpg

WsZ5qZf.jpg

OldRomanSig2.jpg

^Obviously, both of those Bengals looks were good and far superior to the current crap. They need to bring back some combo of the '80s/90s. Numbers on the sleeves. Block numbers with an outline. No leaping tiger, tiger head or awful B logo - you're using freaking tiger stripes all over. Nobody is going to confuse you for the Ravens. I think the striping pattern was better on the '90s set. Undecided if the orange or black socks would work better.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived