2018 MLS Kits

labc93

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Leak of the San Jose away:

san-jose-earthquakes-2018-away-kit-2.jpg

san-jose-earthquakes-2018-away-kit-3.jpg

Count me as a fan of this one. Love that graphic print, as it fits nicely with the “Earthquakes” name and current brand, as well as the old “Clash” brand as well. I would’ve liked it even more had they used some of the old Clash colors, but it’s still pretty nice as is.

"Stay Classy San Jose" - Ron Burgundy, 2018

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not thrilled at another recycled graphic for this season’s MLS kits, but I happen to think this particular graphic fits in pretty nicely with the Quakes’ brand. But yeah, the point still stands that Adidas’ effort on this year’s kits seems like it’s taken a serious step down from previous years.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Have we seen a truly “unique” team-specific graphic/pattern yet this year? It seems like adidas hasn’t come up with anything special this year, which is really disappointing compared to last year. I’m a fan of a lot of the kits, especially the Dynamo, Timbers, and Union, but none of it feels special. Perhaps adidas decided to give team specific designs every other year so there’s always at least one unique design, and then mail it in on the other kit?

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, mattb6 said:

Have we seen a truly “unique” team-specific graphic/pattern yet this year? It seems like adidas hasn’t come up with anything special this year, which is really disappointing compared to last year. I’m a fan of a lot of the kits, especially the Dynamo, Timbers, and Union, but none of it feels special. Perhaps adidas decided to give team specific designs every other year so there’s always at least one unique design, and then mail it in on the other kit?

The Revs' racing stripe is unique, but also kinda sucks, so.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Maybe it's punishment for the US failing to make the World Cup. 

If so we deserve it.

I don't mind the recycled designs as I much seemingly every team going with a grey, slate or black shirt. Gonna be some boring matchups this season.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Leak of the Rapids home:

colorado-rapids-2018-home-kit-2.jpg

This is showing the replica version, the authentic will have light blue trim on the collar:

mWIFtXN.jpg

There better be light blue shorts and/or striped socks, because so far this is looking like another incredibly uninspired effort.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Just realized the pattern on the new Whitecaps secondary is yet another recycled design, this time from Spain’s Euro 2016 home shirt:

vancouver_whitecaps_2018_adidas_away_kitspain-euro-2016-adidas-home-football-shi

I knew that pattern looked familiar, I just couldn’t think of where I’d seen it before until now.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

37 minutes ago, okcsooner35 said:

MLS used to be my favorite looking league in NA sports. This year Adidas really screwed the pooch.

Yeah. 2018 MLS is more like 2018 MLZzzzzzzz

It's really weird how little Adidas gives a :censored: this year. Is their contract up soon? We all know what happens when you root for Nike to take over a league, but it's pretty bad this season.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

It's really weird how little Adidas gives a :censored: this year. Is their contract up soon? We all know what happens when you root for Nike to take over a league, but it's pretty bad this season.

I have a feeling adidas did the "spin sale" of be a great tie into the 2018 World Cup and use some of the countries jersey as a template.

The new Rapids primary officially unveiled:

JerseyV2.1.gif

5927_COLRapids_front_angle.png

Adidas_MLS_2018_LOCKER_RAPIDS_hero_HR.jp

Blue shorts! And it looks like they’ll have both burgundy socks and light blue socks in case of clashes. I still wish the shirt had some sort of graphic or texture to it, but the kit as a whole is pretty nice. I’m thrilled to see them shift away from the Arsenal look and go with blue shorts.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

They're signed on through 2024.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/08/02/major-league-soccer-and-adidas-extend-landmark-partnership-through-2024

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The new Rapids primary officially unveiled:

Adidas_MLS_2018_LOCKER_RAPIDS_hero_HR.jp

Blue shorts! And it looks like they’ll have both burgundy socks and light blue socks in case of clashes. I still wish the shirt had some sort of graphic or texture to it, but the kit as a whole is pretty nice. I’m thrilled to see them shift away from the Arsenal look and go with blue shorts.

That feeling when you expected West Ham...and got Sc*nthorpe instead.

**Edit** had to put in the asterisk or else it's flagged as having foul language.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Archived