kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, djam2410 said:

I usually hate gray jerseys but this...isn't bad.

I've always loved the way blue and gray work together and the yellow honestly does make the whole thing pop. Now if only they could use this template for all of their jerseys...

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Ahem.

1c2d9375794dff6b1a69372b33bda767.jpg

Whoa, didn't know Stephen Jackson used to play for the Nets of that time. Those unis were fire, though. It was one of those inexplicable head-scratchers, when they were replaced by the red ones.

Photographic evidence that the new uniforms are superior to the old ones:

Dp93rFMX0AA59Lf.jpg

Classic style striping is an upgrade & the numbers just stand out so much better in purple.

Still wish they'd give the primary logo a facelift. So not a perfect update, but points given where it's due.

6 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Dp93rFMX0AA59Lf.jpg

Classic style striping is an upgrade & the numbers just stand out so much better in purple.

Still wish they'd give the primary logo a facelift. So not a perfect update, but points given where it's due.

The only thing this photo does is tell me that we're in a truly new era of Lakers Basketball. Both uniforms are good in their own right for their own respective eras.

bSLCtu2.png

12 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Dp93rFMX0AA59Lf.jpg

To me, it's the other way around, but to each their own.

9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The only thing this photo does is tell me that we're in a truly new era of Lakers Basketball. Both uniforms are good in their own right for their own respective eras.

I will agree that the 2000s Lakers uniforms was a good representation for that era.

While I do think the new one's better, the old one is by no means ugly. ?

To me the Lakers got the redesign half right; the half they got right went very well, but the half they got wrong went really wrong.

The gold jerseys? Excellent “new takes” on a classic uniform. Not perfect; some tweaks could be made, but it brings Showtime into 2018 very well while having its own flavor. The white uniform is a great counterpart too and is well done for what it is.

The two purple uniforms, however? Trash and more trash. And it wasn’t hard to get this right either, but they still managed to mess it up. The black is really forced and unnecessary on the main purple uniform (I don’t know what the heck it’s designation is...Statement? It’s an alternate, whatever), and the City does nothing to honor Magic like it’s supposed to. It’s just a glorified and ugly fashion jersey with “its for Magic lol” used as a poor excuse.

So they get big kudos for what they did right, but it’s very tough for me to overlook the fact that they absolutely botched the rest. It’s like if Michelangelo carved out the body of David as he originally did but gave him the Ronaldo bust face. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived