College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BigDmo said:

The replicas for Oregon’s unis are COMICAL

http://www.uoduckstore.com/Apple-Nike-18-Game-Day-10-Jersey

(I’m on my phone and can’t embed, sorry)

I got you:

Apple%20Nike%2018%20Game%20Day%20No.10%2

These things are hilariously bad.  Looks like what you wear to a Halloween party when you forgot to make a costume and all you could find was a green tshirt and some colored duct tape.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, BigDmo said:

The replicas for Oregon’s unis are COMICAL

http://www.uoduckstore.com/Apple-Nike-18-Game-Day-10-Jersey

(I’m on my phone and can’t embed, sorry)

I was looking at those earlier and they are just plain bad.  There's just no excuse for having a uniform that looks so cheap and underdesigned, especially one known for cutting-edge uniforms in the past.  The numbers should be much smaller and moved down while the wordmark would preferably be moved to right above the numbers.  They screwed up so many little and big details.

Congratulations to Nike on revolutionizing football performance by inventing overlapping V-neck collars from 1990s replica jerseys.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Nike basically created the best template with the Vapor Untouchable. There's not many ways they can improve it. Remove a single panel or two? Nah. Not different enough. They simply removed a lackluster feature anyways. It doesn't hurt the template, doesn't hurt the look.

But where do they go from here? No way they'll stick with this template forever. They make their money by changing stitching and panel designs every other year or so. Having the entire country outfitted in like 4 different templates was surely by design. They'll all want to continue to update and continue to spend money with Nike. Will they just blow it up and revert back to worse template styles from years past? Solely so they can always "improve" on their previous style.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

23 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Full look of all the uniforms together.  The blacks stick out like a sore thumb due to the inclusion of volt and the whites look off because of the lack of yellow.  Still wondering if they'll have a white helmet or not:

Dkr86qcU0AAQsih.jpg

If this is the best of what Nike's creativity department has, then maybe we're finally scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Grade: bleh.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

8 hours ago, WBeltz said:

I don't mind the helmet, but the rest can go back to the drawing board.

My thoughts exactly.  Helmet is great actually.  Jerseys can do without sleeve caps, pants should be all white with one navy and gold stripe on the  sides. 

53 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Unless it was due to lighting, the black replicas's numbers look nothing like the on-field versions that were presented yesterday as they don't seem to have the two-tone green numbers:

#10 Oregon Ducks Nike Youth 2018 Replica Football Jersey â Black

That’s also just the wrong green in general. Should be neon green, not apple green. But yeah you’re right, the inline should be darker than the rest of the numbers, like what was shown off yesterday:

Dkr0iuBU8AEuzH8?format=jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

That’s also just the wrong green in general. Should be neon green, not apple green. But yeah you’re right, the inline should be darker than the rest of the numbers, like what was shown off yesterday:

Dkr0iuBU8AEuzH8?format=jpg

Honestly, given the circumstances, I’d be more apt to trust the basic product photo with normal lighting rather than the promo image whose sole purpose is to get people jazzed up for a new uniform. Anything in a promo shot can be doctored up for “maximum hype.” There aren’t any ethical standards to follow like there are for photojournalists.

Either way, I just don’t see a reason why they would be *that* different. Are they glow-in-the-dark or blacklight-activated? Reflective green? I think it’s just a wait and see situation. It sure doesn’t look like the fluorescent color they’ve used previously.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

Boy, I hope I saved the product key so I can reinstall Oregon Football 1.6

Call support and see if you can do a version downgrade. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

6 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Honestly, given the circumstances, I’d be more apt to trust the basic product photo with normal lighting rather than the promo image whose sole purpose is to get people jazzed up for a new uniform. Anything in a promo shot can be doctored up for “maximum hype.” There aren’t any ethical standards to follow like there are for photojournalists.

Either way, I just don’t see a reason why they would be *that* different. Are they glow-in-the-dark or blacklight-activated? Reflective green? I think it’s just a wait and see situation. It sure doesn’t look like the fluorescent color they’ve used previously.

You can see here that the green color really is the neon that was shown in the promo shots:

Dkr-u7SUwAMmD3m?format=jpg

And then here’s an in-person look at the black replica, which clearly uses apple green rather than neon:

05uxdlwzjhg11.jpg

Also, the neon color they’re using on the black uniforms is different from the neon color they’ve used in the past. It’s a more greenish shade than the volt that the football team has used. The basketball team used a similar (if not identical) neon green color on their 2016/17 one-off uniforms:

17.02.16.emg_.an_.mbball.vs_.utah-5-768x

The football team also had a pair of cleats last year with the greener neon color:

C-ghjZ0V0AAKmC2?format=jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived