XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

14 minutes ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

How am I "inconvenienced?" I have sympathy for all those families that have lost someone to it. But, the media is feeding on it like they do everything else. I'm sure a lot more people died in Washington State today from car wrecks. Buy, we don't hear about that, nor shut down the highways. ...and we still haven't found a way to cure stupid.

when you grow up you’ll understand. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

How am I "inconvenienced?" I have sympathy for all those families that have lost someone to it. But, the media is feeding on it like they do everything else. I'm sure a lot more people died in Washington State today from car wrecks. Buy, we don't hear about that, nor shut down the highways. ...and we still haven't found a way to cure stupid.

Car wrecks suck, but a bad driver doesn't transmit bad driving skills by coughing on you.

Corona Virus is a bigger deal that car wrecks.  it's already impacted everywhere else in the world, including in Seattle.  It's not to a point yet where major sports leagues in North America are forced to either cancel games or play in empty venues, but it could be very soon if things don't die down.  Whether or not playing in empty venues would affect the XFL will depend on when that happens.  

You're already seeing college basketball games being affected by this so XFL games, especially in the hardest hit states of California, New York and Washington (state), could easily be on the chopping block.

1 minute ago, Seadragon76 said:

You're already seeing college basketball games being affected by this so XFL games, especially in the hardest hit states of California, New York and Washington (state), could easily be on the chopping block.

Could also affect MLS, NBA, NHL and MLB games too.  

Just now, GDAWG said:

Could also affect MLS, NBA, NHL and MLB games too.  

Exactly, but I think that the major leagues are going to take every step they can before even thinking about postponing or cancelling games. Hell, the local community college conference just postponed their basketball tournaments because of the corona virus scare.

5 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Exactly, but I think that the major leagues are going to take every step they can before even thinking about postponing or cancelling games. Hell, the local community college conference just postponed their basketball tournaments because of the corona virus scare.

A lot of people are saying that Chicago State canceling games due to Corona Virus is an excuse to hide the fact that both basketball teams (Men's and Women's) have a grand total of 5 wins combined.  

I wonder how Corona virus will affect Sounders and Mariners?

53 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

A lot of people are saying that Chicago State canceling games due to Corona Virus is an excuse to hide the fact that both basketball teams (Men's and Women's) have a grand total of 5 wins combined.  

I wonder how Corona virus will affect Sounders and Mariners?

This Saturday's Sounders game is happening at Century Link. This decision was made after we learned a Dragons vendor at the February 22 tested positive for COVID 19.

I still don't know if I'm ever leaving my house again.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Yes, five wins between the two teams: 4 from the men's team (1 against actual D-I competition) and 1 win for the women's team. Enough about them, this is the XFL thread, after all.

The Mariners are in Arizona right now, so it's not a big issue... but the Sounders and Dragons could be in for trouble.

1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

Yes, five wins between the two teams: 4 from the men's team (1 against actual D-I competition) and 1 win for the women's team. Enough about them, this is the XFL thread, after all.

The Mariners are in Arizona right now, so it's not a big issue... but the Sounders and Dragons could be in for trouble.

I suspect attendance for Seattle will be down dramatically due to Corona Virus.

14 hours ago, IceCap said:

Car wrecks suck, but a bad driver doesn't transmit bad driving skills by coughing on you.

Right. The more apt comparison would be the flu. Both are respiratory diseases, are spread through similar means, and have the same prevention strategies. And it's deadly - the CDC's estimates for the 2017-2018 flu season was 61,000 deaths in the US (a particularly bad year), and for the 2018-2019 season it was 34,157 estimated deaths. Obviously we don't have all the numbers for this most recent flu season, but it's on pace to exceed the 2018-2019 numbers and pediatric deaths from the flu are at record highs right now.

So why are people so scared of COVID-19 when *right now* the chances of contracting and dying from the flu are much greater in the US? It's because (1) the flu is commonplace and people are used to it, so it's less scary, (2) because it's commonplace many Americans have built some level of immunity to it, whereas we have no natural immunity to COVID-19, and (3) there are flu vaccines and treatments and there's none of that for COVID-19 as of right now. Also, it has been more infectious and deadly in other nations than the flu is here, so if it were to truly become an outbreak in the States, the expectation would be that it would be more deadly than the flu.

But these are the steps that need to be preached:

(1) Wash your hands, and correctly - meaning with soap and water for 20 seconds.

(2) Cough into your elbow.

(3) Avoid touching your face, especially your nose and mouth

(4) If you are sick, stay home.

(5) Prepare, but don't panic - in case of an outbreak in your area, be prepared to be able to stay home for a few weeks without going outside

And fun fact: apart from that fifth step, those are all the exact same steps to avoid the flu.

Then, tangentially, there is no need to purchase face masks. It's not an effective public health intervention to avoid catching a disease. Rather, it keeps you from spreading diseases if you're already sick. But healthcare providers are experiencing shortages because of people going out and needlessly stocking on face masks, and that's a problem.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Keep yourself safe per everything @Maroon said, but don't act like its armageddon. As long as you aren't 70 or older and/or have a serious chronic underlying health condition, you should be okay per the statistics. My 88-year old granddad with COPD? Probably should approach everything with extreme caution right now. Average person using this board? Should be fine. still wouldn't go around licking handrails or eating your boogers, though, but that's common sense. 

13 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

This Saturday's Sounders game is happening at Century Link. This decision was made after we learned a Dragons vendor at the February 22 tested positive for COVID 19.

I still don't know if I'm ever leaving my house again.

I wasn't tracking a vendor was involved. MLS could delay the game, they're only on Week 2. But the Dragons are stuck with the option of playing in an empty stadium or having the crowd involved. If they cancelled the game they might have to move playoffs back a week to make it up at the end of the season. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Stop pretending you're doctors.  Besides - even if you aren't in a high-risk group and won't die if you get it, you could very easily transmit it to someone who is in a high-risk group, and then unintentionally kill them.  If you think it's a media creation then your maturity level is not at even the bare minimum level needed to contribute to society in any way.

It's too serious a subject for a sports logos forum, let alone an XFL thread.  Let's get back to making fun of Vince McMahon and how empty Met Life Stadium looks.

Does their title game have a cool name, like X-Bowl or anything like that?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Stop pretending you're doctors.  Besides - even if you aren't in a high-risk group and won't die if you get it, you could very easily transmit it to someone who is in a high-risk group, and then unintentionally kill them.  If you think it's a media creation then your maturity level is not at even the bare minimum level needed to contribute to society in any way.

It's too serious a subject for a sports logos forum, let alone an XFL thread.  Let's get back to making fun of Vince McMahon and how empty Met Life Stadium looks.

Does their title game have a cool name, like X-Bowl or anything like that?

The X Bowl would be great, especially when they get to the 10th one. Looks like they're going with the very punchy "XFL Championship Game". 

PvO6ZWJ.png

7 minutes ago, Sport said:

The X Bowl would be great, especially when they get to the 10th one. Looks like they're going with the very punchy "XFL Championship Game". 

Will it go from XFL Championship, to XFL World Championship, to XFL World Heavyweight Championship, back to XFL Championship, and so on?  He seems to like doing that.

48 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Will it go from XFL Championship, to XFL World Championship, to XFL World Heavyweight Championship, back to XFL Championship, and so on?  He seems to like doing that.

XFL Universal Championship, won by Joe Namath.

Also Vince McMahon loves beating catchphrases to death, which is why the whole "For the Love of Football" is annoying and unnecessary as well as "Raising Hell" for Dallas and others.  Now we wait as he demands PJ Walker to be referred to as "The Big Dog" if he even knows who PJ Walker is.  

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Let's get back to making fun of Vince McMahon and how empty Met Life Stadium looks.

They should only sell tickets for one sideline and then keep the majority of camera angles in that direction.  Or maybe use CGI fans from the pod race scene in Phantom Menace

H4bYM.jpg

Archived