XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

3 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

>Domes

I'm just spitballing, but how feasible would it be to have a team play out of Syracuse's Carrier Dome?

Would have to schedule around Syracuse Men's and Women's Basketball teams, both of which play in the Carrier Dome.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They’ll be the commanders of the XFL. 

we’re at 39.6k so far in attendance. 

the bad news: games in Dallas and Tampa tomarrow. 

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

48 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

I think Dallas will be really good. Warm and a noteworthy opponent with instate eternal rival in Houston. The first game was heavy threat of rain and still chilly for Texans. The rain ended up missing the stadium. But hours before you wouldn't know that. 

The last play in the LA/NY game was fantastic!  THey should allow a forward pass if the ball goes back behind the line of scrimmage, even if it has already passed.  Like on one of the laterals or fumbles, if it's recovered behind the original line, you should just be able to chuck it down field and see what happens.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

47 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

I think Dallas will be really good. Warm and a noteworthy opponent with instate eternal rival in Houston. The first game was heavy threat of rain and still chilly for Texans. The rain ended up missing the stadium. But hours before you wouldn't know that. 

Even If say they draw 22-24K tomarrow. Tampa is gonna drag it down hard. It will be similar to NY’s crowd. 15K would be a miracle but I don’t see it happening. 

This league needs San Antonio and Orlando to give it a strong base with St Louis and Seattle. Not necessarily expansion probably moving Tampa to Orlando and Dallas to San Antonio would be the easiest way  

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

4 hours ago, mkg74 said:

Dallas won't be too bad.  It's not going to be a dramatic drop in attendance.

Pretty bad the two lowest drawing teams are in the two biggest American cities. 

Could be an easy fix though.

San Diego Wildcats

Columbus Guardians?

I wonder how Detroit would do at Ford Field? Would be cool to see a team there called the Spartans. Pay homage to the Portsmouth Spartans who became the Lions.

2 hours ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

Pretty bad the two lowest drawing teams are in the two biggest American cities. 

Could be an easy fix though.

San Diego Wildcats

Columbus Guardians?

I wonder how Detroit would do at Ford Field? Would be cool to see a team there called the Spartans. Pay homage to the Portsmouth Spartans who became the Lions.

Columbus will lead to MLS Crew fans raging that the XFL has ruined their pristine soccer pitch.  DC United fans are already furious that the XFL has ruined Audi Field.  

1 minute ago, GDAWG said:

Columbus will lead to MLS Crew fans raging that the XFL has ruined their pristine soccer pitch.  DC United fans are already furious that the XFL has ruined Audi Field.  

Supposedly Columbus is getting a new stadium so what they currently use will be vacant. 

1 minute ago, kmccarthy27 said:

Supposedly Columbus is getting a new stadium so what they currently use will be vacant. 

I read about that, but also read that Mapfre Stadium is going to be used as a practice venue and community-wide stadium, which could mean reduced seating.

31 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

I read about that, but also read that Mapfre Stadium is going to be used as a practice venue and community-wide stadium, which could mean reduced seating.

I'm not sure they'd need to reduce seating. Especially if it's used for festivals and concerts. 

Mapfre would be perfect. Of course if that happens it would only make sense for the team to have yellow in their paint scheme.

Columbus Generals has a nice ring to it. Goes well with the Blue Jackets and instead of the Zouave look, they could do the Union Calvary look.

Archived