Recommended Posts

Just now, DNAsports said:

Likely exactly the same, but without the gold. With the expense of sounding like an ass... I'm not sure how that's such a hard thing to imagine.

It's one thing to imagine it, another to see it. A complaint many had about the previous set was the helmet. Well, let's see if that holds up with the Jags' new helmet.

 

As far as requests go on this board, I'd say mine was pretty tame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

It's one thing to imagine it, another to see it. A complaint many had about the previous set was the helmet. Well, let's see if that holds up with the Jags' new helmet.

 

As far as requests go on this board, I'd say mine was pretty tame.

Oh I know. I've seen some wild ones as well. I think at least 99% of the people frequenting these boards won't have any problem with the new helmet as they did with the old one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Would those parking lot guys be in the same union as the ones for the Giants and the 49ers?  Because both those jerseys have even less going on than the Jags.

 

As I said before, the Niners and Giants both have history. The Jags don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Placebo said:

Cleveland got new uniforms?

 

The font is really the only bad part for the Bucs.

The font is the tip of the iceberg! To leave the best look in the NFL to what they have now makes it automatically the worst in the NFL. Followed by the Titans and Browns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a beautiful uniform.

 

phmbUnh.jpg

 

All the Titans had to do to have a great uniform set is wear this for every game (or just go back to being to Tennessee Oilers).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

If the Bucs just fixed their numbers, and changed their shoulder yoke from olive drab to more of a true pewter, their uniforms wouldn't be half bad.

Or they could just go back to their Super Bowl look and their uniforms would be less than half bad.  Like not bad at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Ark said:

This is a beautiful uniform.

 

phmbUnh.jpg

 

All the Titans had to do to have a great uniform set is wear this for every game (or just go back to being to Tennessee Oilers).

 

vinyl-33rpm-broken-record-with-red-label

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

The Titans look mostly fine. I agree that the emphasis on navy rather than Columbia was a mistake, and their new look is a lateral at best move. They look fine though, not bad. It's like the Cavs IMO, they did something modern that is aesthetically middle of the road and modern, but not necessarily the right brand for the team.

 

The Bucs have the most underrated look in football. Change the numbers and maybe lose the sleeve logos, otherwise it's good. Pewter was ugly and their old jerseys did nothing for me, the love they get/the hate the current set gets is way over the top, but people are allowed to feel how they feel.

 

If the Jags just put their current helmet on their last set they'd look much better too. Right now they look generic. With the teal they can survive, but the all black/white look is garbage. Simple works when you let your colors carry you. When you ignore your color scheme in favor of... nothing... you just look dull.

The Titans had probably just as many gimmicks on their previous set as this one, just those had been around for a long time and we are used to them.  The super-duper mistake they made and why they look like absolute garbage is the navy helmet.  And to make it as ugly as possible, they went with a matte finish.  They made all these snazzy decisions for the jerseys and pants, but when they got to the helmet, they decided they wanted to be generic and ugly at the same time.  A shame.

 

The Bucs however, can't disagree more there.  Their previous set was really well designed.  Color balance was superb with both the white and the pewter pants.  Every single decision they made with the new ones was a poor one.  Oversized logo and chrome facemask, hokey and partially illegible number font.  Oversized yoke and random shapes of color.  The color balance is a mess.  Their is no clear hierarchy anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've pretty much stated my thoughts on the Titans uniforms already, so I'll save an updated take for now. 

 

Now, I still really love the new helmets, but I was browsing the Instagram Discover page when I stumbled upon these weird photos created by a uniform account on Madden- 

 

QLHqSHs.png

 

6pwg3GL.png

 

 

Ignoring the bizarre mixing of eras, I really dig this color balance. I'll admit that I was more skeptical when everybody else here was wishing for Columbia helmets, but seeing these has changed my thinking a lot. What do you guys think? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

The Titans look mostly fine. I agree that the emphasis on navy rather than Columbia was a mistake, and their new look is a lateral at best move. They look fine though, not bad. It's like the Cavs IMO, they did something modern that is aesthetically middle of the road and modern, but not necessarily the right brand for the team.

 

The Bucs have the most underrated look in football. Change the numbers and maybe lose the sleeve logos, otherwise it's good. Pewter was ugly and their old jerseys did nothing for me, the love they get/the hate the current set gets is way over the top, but people are allowed to feel how they feel.

 

If the Jags just put their current helmet on their last set they'd look much better too. Right now they look generic. With the teal they can survive, but the all black/white look is garbage. Simple works when you let your colors carry you. When you ignore your color scheme in favor of... nothing... you just look dull.

Could not agree more. The colors they have now compliment each other well and really pop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Would those parking lot guys be in the same union as the ones for the Giants and the 49ers?  Because both those jerseys have even less going on than the Jags.

 

They at least have team wordmarks or logos on them, and recognizable (albeit likely not trademaekable) stripes, except for Giants blue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jdavidev said:

The Bucs however, can't disagree more there.  Their previous set was really well designed.  Color balance was superb with both the white and the pewter pants.  Every single decision they made with the new ones was a poor one.  Oversized logo and chrome facemask, hokey and partially illegible number font.  Oversized yoke and random shapes of color.  The color balance is a mess.  Their is no clear hierarchy anymore.

 

I think their previous design was solid and consistent, it was just kinda ugly to me in large part because I found the old Pewter unsavory. I also don't have any affection for the original Jags set, which kind of ties in with the discussion. I think both of those sets represent a modern team/identity trying to stay within traditional lines, and it feels forced and boring.

 

And yeah, I'm not gonna convince a lot of people to like the Bucs look, but to address your points:

1) Oversized logo is a great element and more teams should consider it (though the flag may be unique in working so well). I also love the Tigers giant D if you were curious.

2) I don't care about facemasks for the most part. But I also care less about sock than a lot of people. Feels like equipment rather than an important part of the uniform. 

3) The number font is the worst element of those jerseys and the one thing that needs to change IMO.

4) I prefer a big yoke to looking like every other team and simply slapping a secondary logo on the sleeve (I don't like the logos they slapped on their sleeves either, but I try to overlook it like with all the lazy teams that do that).

5) Color balance seems fine to me. Red is primary in the numbers/logos, pewter is a foundational color, and orange is a highlight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ark said:

This is a beautiful uniform.

 

phmbUnh.jpg

 

All the Titans had to do to have a great uniform set is wear this for every game (or just go back to being the Tennessee Oilers).

 

You spelled “Houston” wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Would those parking lot guys be in the same union as the ones for the Giants and the 49ers?  Because both those jerseys have even less going on than the Jags.

 

The Giants's road uniform is red and white. Same with the Niners.

 

The Jaguars (again, outside of the logo patch) is black and white. It needs the team color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

 

The Giants's road uniform is red and white. Same with the Niners.

 

The Jaguars (again, outside of the logo patch) is black and white. It needs the team color.

True. Plus, within design terms...the Giants have a blue helmet plus some blue in the pants stripe. The Niners have a gold helmet and gold pants. The overall uniforms have balance even though the jerseys themselves do not, and personally I think they both work within the context of the uniform. The Jags just have tiny flashes of teal within the helmet logo and on the jersey. That is not balanced. That is basically black and white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -Akronite- said:

 

I think their previous design was solid and consistent, it was just kinda ugly to me in large part because I found the old Pewter unsavory. I also don't have any affection for the original Jags set, which kind of ties in with the discussion. I think both of those sets represent a modern team/identity trying to stay within traditional lines, and it feels forced and boring.

 

And yeah, I'm not gonna convince a lot of people to like the Bucs look, but to address your points:

1) Oversized logo is a great element and more teams should consider it (though the flag may be unique in working so well). I also love the Tigers giant D if you were curious.

2) I don't care about facemasks for the most part. But I also care less about sock than a lot of people. Feels like equipment rather than an important part of the uniform. 

3) The number font is the worst element of those jerseys and the one thing that needs to change IMO.

4) I prefer a big yoke to looking like every other team and simply slapping a secondary logo on the sleeve (I don't like the logos they slapped on their sleeves either, but I try to overlook it like with all the lazy teams that do that).

5) Color balance seems fine to me. Red is primary in the numbers/logos, pewter is a foundational color, and orange is a highlight.

 

The old pewter was better looking, especially since reebok did the shiny material with it. The new flat pewter looks worse imo.

The only thing with the old set that I would say needed improving was the black thick outline around the numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

 

The old pewter was better looking, especially since reebok did the shiny material with it. The new flat pewter looks worse imo.

The only thing with the old set that I would say needed improving was the black thick outline around the numbers.

 

I suppose this is why it's a forum and not a guidebook, Reebok's shiny material was pretty much universally ugly and dated. So glad we've been past that dark era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

 

The old pewter was better looking, especially since reebok did the shiny material with it. The new flat pewter looks worse imo.

The only thing with the old set that I would say needed improving was the black thick outline around the numbers.

I freaking HATE the matte pewter. That's a color that completely changes with a matte finish. It also bothers me is that, even with the problems making newer fabrics glossy, it's still possible to add SOME gloss. The Saints don't have completely flat pants, for instance. Nor do the Raiders, do they? So evidently someone intentionally ordered Tampa's pants to be as matte as possible. Even a tiny bit of gloss would make those pants (and the other pewter elements of their uniform) look so much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -Akronite- said:

I suppose this is why it's a forum and not a guidebook, Reebok's shiny material was pretty much universally ugly and dated. So glad we've been past that dark era.

 

And how glad am I that the Packers don’t succumb to such fads as Nike’s matte fabrics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -Akronite- said:

 

I suppose this is why it's a forum and not a guidebook, Reebok's shiny material was pretty much universally ugly and dated. So glad we've been past that dark era.

I'm sorry, but matte pewter does not look good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.