2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, tp49 said:

Looks like Amari Cooper is heading to the Cowboys.  What is Chucky doing over in Oakland gutting everything pre-Vegas?

He'll be picking 3 times in the first round. Derek Carr is the next to go, probably.

No way Oakland is going to pay him like 25 million or something. Chucky's going to take his chances with a guy coming out of the Draft; maybe on a guy like Oregon's Justin Herbert.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

1 minute ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

He'll be picking 3 times in the first round. Derek Carr is the next to go, probably.

No way Oakland is going to pay him like 25 million or something. Chucky's going to take his chances with a guy coming out of the Draft; maybe on a guy like Oregon's Justin Herbert.

Three first-round picks sounds great, but I wouldn't trust anybody in Oakland to use those picks effectively.

25 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Carr can be cut in the offseason for just a $7.5M cap charge. 

3 first rounders is a lot of draft capital. Assuming the Raiders finish within the bottom 5, they'll have a choice of which QB to take. The only other team that will probably be taking a QB in the Top 5 is the Giants.

The Raiders could potentially deal Carr, too, before the deadline, which would be a borderline tank and most likely a Top-2 secured pick. A team like Jacksonville, although not admitting they need a QB, might be desperate enough to give a 1st rounder for Carr as an attempt to save their season.

3 or 4 first rounders, if used smart, can definitely turn around the Raiders. Use the one to get a QB, another one for a DE, maybe trade down one for some more high draft picks the following year. 

The Raiders have the means, the question is if they can pull it off. In 5 years, either Gruden's a genius or one of the biggest idiots. 

4 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

3 first rounders is a lot of draft capital. Assuming the Raiders finish within the bottom 5, they'll have a choice of which QB to take. The only other team that will probably be taking a QB in the Top 5 is the Giants.

The Raiders could potentially deal Carr, too, before the deadline, which would be a borderline tank and most likely a Top-2 secured pick. A team like Jacksonville, although not admitting they need a QB, might be desperate enough to give a 1st rounder for Carr as an attempt to save their season.

3 or 4 first rounders, if used smart, can definitely turn around the Raiders. Use the one to get a QB, another one for a DE, maybe trade down one for some more high draft picks the following year. 

The Raiders have the means, the question is if they can pull it off. In 5 years, either Gruden's a genius or one of the biggest idiots. 

Raiders will also have at least $70M in cap space also.  

19 hours ago, tp49 said:

Looks like Amari Cooper is heading to the Cowboys.  What is Chucky doing over in Oakland gutting everything pre-Vegas?

19 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

He's playing to succeed in Vegas.  

And no, he wont draft a QB.  Gruden likes veteran QBs that are past their prime and should be backups, or doesnt develop what he drafts...see history in Tampa Bay:

Brad Johnson,

Brian Griese,

Chris Simms (drafted),

Bruce Gradkowski (drafted),

Jeff Garcia,

Luke McCown

I'll say it now, but he'll have his old vet QB.....guys like Ryan Fitzpatrick, Sam Bradford, Derek Anderson...but the guy I think is a sleeper for Gruden is Eli manning. 

On one hand, I am happy to see good players shipped out of a :censored:ty organization like the Raiders, but what the hell is Gruden's strategy at this point? At least this wasn't as lob-sided as the Mack trade. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

1 hour ago, DScruggy729 said:

On one hand, I am happy to see good players shipped out of a :censored:ty organization like the Raiders, but what the hell is Gruden's strategy at this point? At least this wasn't as lob-sided as the Mack trade. 

I guess Mark gave him total autonomy when it came to roster decisions. He's doing a controlled demolition of the team, it's a risky decision. Considering how poor Oakland's track record has been when it comes to the Draft.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

SBCPE lost yet another starter for the season today, this time DE Derrick Barnett. It’s absurd how many injuries they’ve had in the past two years. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Love the Cooper trade, but as long as we still have Garrett and Linehan, coupled with Dak still not trusting his eyes/throwing with anticipation, it won’t change the direction the Cowboys are heading towards. Which is 7 to 9 wins, aka. football purgatory. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

2 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Love the Cooper trade, but as long as we still have Garrett and Linehan, coupled with Dak still not trusting his eyes/throwing with anticipation, it won’t change the direction the Cowboys are heading towards. Which is 7 to 9 wins, aka. football purgatory. 

If it's not going to take them above 7-9 wins, why give up a 1st round pick (a player that should be a starter that you're not paying a lot) for a guy that's going to get paid a lot?  I've never seen him so I don't know if he's worth a 1 on paper, but that's territory usually reserved for superstars.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

If it's not going to take them above 7-9 wins, why give up a 1st round pick (a player that should be a starter that you're not paying a lot) for a guy that's going to get paid a lot?  I've never seen him so I don't know if he's worth a 1 on paper, but that's territory usually reserved for superstars.

Calvin Watkins of The Athletic D/FW put it best yesterday:

The last time the Cowboys gave up a first-round pick for a wide receiver was in 2008. Dallas gave up three picks, including a 2009 first-rounder, to the Lions for Roy Williams. Dallas also signed Williams to a five-year contract extension worth $45 million. It was a terrible deal. In 40 games and 29 starts, Williams made just 94 catches for 1,324 yards and 11 touchdowns.

You would think the Cowboys learned from this, but desperation changes everything.

The Cowboys believe they can still reach the playoffs and the future is positive with Prescott as the quarterback. If the team can’t make this work and finishes 7-9 or 8-8, Oakland will pick in the middle of the first round. If the Cowboys kept that pick, they may have selected a wide receiver anyway. If they reach the postseason and Cooper is a positive influence for them, the trade could be worth it. Dallas could then look for a safety, defensive end, or tight end in the second round.

I know one thing, sometimes something happens that's so absurd you'd think it was made up...and then you hear who was involved, and think it's absurd enough that of course it happened to that guy.  Soon to be former Bronco Swag Kelly is one such person.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived