College athletics identity changes

Burkell007

12 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I discovered this rebrand while browsing sports logos.  It was done a couple of years ago.  This cat looks badass, almost like a robot.  I wish the XFL's Wildcats had a logo like this.

spacer.png

Shoutout to Skye Dillon of Skye Design Studios, constantly putting out quality stuff. 

• Like 2

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

On 11/13/2019 at 12:23 AM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I discovered this rebrand while browsing sports logos.  It was done a couple of years ago.  This cat looks badass, almost like a robot.  I wish the XFL's Wildcats had a logo like this.

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is like 4-5 years old. It’s not new at all. FYI.

• 4 weeks later...

Just emailed in new logos from 2019 hopefully in time for the Creamer Awards. I was letdown on the # of candidates that were displayed last year so I wanted to make sure each school gets some recognition. I only sent in D1 so they are: 

• Baylor
  • Charleston Southern (CSU)
  • Duquesne
  • Evansville
  • Idaho State
  • Kansas City (UMKC)
  • LIU (Long Island U.)
  • Michigan State
  • Oklahoma State
  • Pitt
  • Southern Illinois (SIU)
  • Wake Forest
  • West Coast Conference (WCC)

Missing anything important from 2019?  Any good suggestions for non-D1 schools?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, stumpygremlin said:

IMO, if you're going to put silver trim on the uniform, then it should probably go on the logo set. I also think the eyes of the tiger need pupils of some sort. It looks like a squinting tiger.

The logos should also have silver, yes. 

57 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

You spelled "hate" wrong. 

Diff’rent strokes. 

4 hours ago, CDunn said:

These are the same unis they've been wearing all season just with the new logos. Here's what they looked like before.

spacer.png

You mean other than the Gemini Athletics logo in place of the Bauer logo and yellow COLORADO COLLEGE in place of white lettering on the front?  

On 11/8/2019 at 10:01 PM, TornadoGTS said:

PDW always seems to have really thin line weights, it makes it look like clip art or an illustration as someone mentioned. I mean the old one wasn't amazing, but this new one makes it look better.

That was my first thought, line weight is so crazy thin. And its all over the place. The C with the claw works, but everything else feels like clipart, as you said.

On 2/10/2020 at 10:24 PM, mafiaman said:

You mean other than the Gemini Athletics logo in place of the Bauer logo and yellow COLORADO COLLEGE in place of white lettering on the front?  

Yeah, same jersey, new chest and shoulder logos. And I guess new manufacturer. My (poorly stated) point was that the jersey design and its silver accents predate the new logos. People were saying the logos should have silver because the unis do, but the unis aren't part of the new brand.

1 hour ago, ren69 said:

UC Santa Cruz athletics & recreation is refreshing it's brand identity. Logo sketch samples can be seen & voted on in the link below.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeaV_fIXGR1rjVsc8eI55lBwxLh_4DBYk_vLxr50a86GTiHSA/viewform

That is really cool, thanks for sharing. I personally liked logo 1.4spacer.png

• Like 3

Excellent!