College athletics identity changes

Burkell007

3 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

Some of their secondaries from this rebrand that use the sycamore leaf are actually pretty slick, surprised they’ve never attempted to capitalize on it. Lots of potential for a classic looking, unique brand (I get the state-outline is a “classic”, I’ve never been too enamored by it)

I need to correct myself, those sycamore leaf logos were UNUSED concepts... that’s absolutely tragic. All of them are much better than the previous and new brand smh

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sleuthpanther said:

I need to correct myself, those sycamore leaf logos were UNUSED concepts... that’s absolutely tragic. All of them are much better than the previous and new brand smh

From Old Hat's Indiana State case study:

"One thing we learned at the outset was that the outline of the state of Indiana was a pride point that absolutely had to be carried over to the new identity. From athletics staff to alumni, there was no desire to move away to a mark that represented the Sycamores in a different way (i.e. sycamore leaf, mascot mark, etc.)."

20 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

From Old Hat's Indiana State case study:

"One thing we learned at the outset was that the outline of the state of Indiana was a pride point that absolutely had to be carried over to the new identity. From athletics staff to alumni, there was no desire to move away to a mark that represented the Sycamores in a different way (i.e. sycamore leaf, mascot mark, etc.)."

....as an alum...I simply find that case study result hard to accept. 

The primary logo they chose does not seem to lineup with the look and feel of the (decent) secondary marks they unveiled. There are some really nice options in that secondary set. Hell, I'd even take the new "IS" logo inside the state if the State didn't look like my 6 year old cut it out with safety scissors.

*edit* those leaf logos were rejected? Oh sweet lawd Jesus that's a tragedy.

• Like 1

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

On 3/4/2020 at 12:19 PM, VDizzle12 said:

I really like the IS state logo, but not as a read-through. That alone, with a star in the bottom left. Done.

Screen-Shot-2020-03-03-at-8.00.13-PM-590

I like the IS state logo a lot, even as part of the script. My issue is that they have multiple state shape logos now and I think they should just use the S one. Slide that over to the S in STATE for the school script.

Colorado College Tigers Unveil Refreshed Athletic Logos

March 10, 2020 - 21:04 PM

In order to create a unified brand across its athletic department, Colorado College unveiled a refreshed primary logo and new secondary mark in early February.  “This is an exciting day for the Tigers,” Colorado College vice president and athletic director […]

Read More...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently the Sun Belt Conference is rebranding, with the logo having leaked after someone captured a (grainy) shot of South Alabama's practice field with a new logo on it. This comes after the Sun Belt rebranded nearly seven years ago. Attached are a few shots of the logo versus the previous iterations. There has been no comment or confirmation of this as of yet, but reports are saying this is it.

https://twitter.com/tkhighcountry/status/1244310565104898048

New (2020-):

spacer.png

spacer.png

Old (2013-2020):

spacer.png

Older (till 2013):

spacer.png

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Downgrade. Should’ve just removed the gradient and called it a day

They did have a gradient free version that they didn't use as often, but yeah it's a massive downgrade. The old logo's typography needed some tweaking, but it's still a good logo.

• Like 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

As the self-appointed Sun Belt representative of these boards, I think I like this better than either of the previous incarnations. The current/soon-to-be-previous logo looks really bad when placed on jerseys. Just look at how terrible this thing looked.

Lgdy4Bv.jpg

• Like 6