College athletics identity changes

Burkell007

Interesting choice where they split it horizontally.  You have the pretty thin bottom of the top part of the S, and the even thinner point on the bottom B.  A different font might work better so that you don't have those oddities. Also the circular sun seems odd to me contrasting with the square spaces of the letters. I would've opted for much rounder lettering.

This sucks and I need not provide any evidence why.  It is garbage.

• Like 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 3/30/2020 at 7:57 PM, Red Wolf said:

As the self-appointed Sun Belt representative of these boards, I think I like this better than either of the previous incarnations. The current/soon-to-be-previous logo looks really bad when placed on jerseys. Just look at how terrible this thing looked.

Lgdy4Bv.jpg

To be fair, Ark State did it about as poorly as you possibly could.. check out Georgia State's uniforms for an instant improvement in application

• Like 3

18 hours ago, tommytimp said:

Is branding mandated by the conference? Or perhaps the schools want to make clear their conference affiliations for recruits.

I think that the conference wants the new logo to go in effect at a specific time, and USA was laying down new turf and to be in compliance with the SBC, they put the logo in now, earlier than the required date. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 11:04 PM, WavePunter said:

To be fair, Ark State did it about as poorly as you possibly could.. check out Georgia State's uniforms for an instant improvement in application

Even with better applications, the fan logo's design is awkward on uniforms. Maybe if they left out the wordmark it would be better, but I imagine they want the conference's name or at least initials to be shown.

z9WnJSN.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Temple Owls Announce Three-Year Deal With Nike

April 16, 2020 - 16:33 PM

The Temple University athletic department announced earlier this month that Nike will become the official outfitter of the Owls’ 19 varsity programs beginning in July 2020. “We are very excited about our new partnership with Nike, the leading apparel company […]

Read More...

18 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

New logos and wordmarks for Sam Houston State. They officially designated black as an accent mark rather than blue

https://gobearkats.com/news/2020/4/16/a-new-era-of-bearkat-athletics.aspx

LogoWebsiteAnnouncement2.jpg

4760_sam_houston_state_bearkats-alternat

Good update for them. I agree, the bearkat head logo looks a little weird, but better than their old one.

And where have I seen that old logo before 🤔

spacer.png

• Like 4

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png