College athletics identity changes

Burkell007

Was googling style guides and came across Florida Tech Panthers of Division II.  In their Standards Toolbox, there's a slightly different panther logo, secondary logo, & font.  Looks like whiskers have been shortened & eyes more piercing.  Extra outline removed & colors unchanged.  Otherwise shape of the head appears the same.  The secondary goes from FIT (Florida Institute of Technology) to FT (Florida Tech).  Athletics website does not showing anything new yet, will edit when the time comes.  I'd expect to see the new version on their football helmets this fall.

CURRENT
spacer.png     spacer.png 

NEW
spacer.png     spacer.png     spacer.png

New York Tech Introduces New Logo And Color Scheme

June 10, 2019 - 21:18 PM

The New York Institute Of Technology athletic department on Monday afternoon unveiled a new logo and updated color scheme.  The new roaring bear replaces a more abstract and muscular bear that had been a symbol of the athletic department since […]

Read More...

I got this link today as I have seen games at Loyola the last two seasons. This is the new court design for basketball and volleyball at the Gentile Arena. It's OK, but could have been more striking IMHO.  They, like a lot of institutions in Chicago, are leaning hard into the '4 stars on the flag' motif. Personally, I wish Loyola would go back to the "LU" design they had when I grew up there and my Dad was a professor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA_4w7pNV-M&feature=youtu.beInsert other media

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Rochester College Changes Name To Rochester University, Unveils New Athletic Logos

June 11, 2019 - 21:04 PM

Late last year, Rochester College — a four-year Christian school located in Rochester Hills, Michigan — announced plans to change its name to Rochester University and rebrand its athletic department. And though the transformation won’t be complete until August 2020, […]

Read More...

UMKC (Missouri-Kansas City of the WAC) Kangaroos just went back to the fighting kangaroo design as a homage to their past.  New is the front-facing kangaroo upper-body, KC monogram, and font.  Text seems to emphasis the 'Kansas City' more without the 'UMKC'.  Colors are similar with a new 2nd shade of blue.  This was designed by Old Hat Creative.  Source Article.  This article shows some cool pictures of the evolution of the kangaroo.  (Previous logos on mothership)

spacer.png 

• Like 8

University of Missouri-Kansas City Kangaroos Introduce New Logo

June 13, 2019 - 19:00 PM

The University of Missouri-Kansas City unveiled a new primary logo on Thursday morning that illustrates “elements of strength, determination and a commitment to the (local) community.” The university — in partnership with Old Hat Creative — solicited input from administrators, […]

Read More...

Love love love the new interlocking KC logo. It looks classic without being a knockoff of some other interlocking logo. The "c" is similar to the wishbone C without being a ripoff.

I agree with @Shadojoker that I don't know about the shading, but I really like the design overall and think this is a vast improvement for UMKC.

• Like 2

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Syracuse Announces Multi-Year Contract Extension With Nike

June 14, 2019 - 17:04 PM

The Syracuse Orange will be outfitted by Nike for the foreseeable future after the university announced a multi-year contract extension with the footwear and athletic apparel company on Friday morning. “We are pleased to continue our longstanding partnership with Nike. […]

Read More...

• Like 1